Diagnosis
10/2010
Country
US
State
WI
City
Trempealeau
My husband was diagnosed with ALS in Oct, 2010. We lost him a week ago today. I miss him dearly. I feel a comfort though, in knowing he is in heaven and he is no longer going to experience the effects of this disease. He was walking in Oct, using a cane in Nov., a walker in Dec. and a wheelchair in Jan. It was clear that his progression was very fast. He could still talk and eat and enjoy a glass of wine with friends right up until he passed.

All of his family and many friends were able to come and say goodbye on his last day. We told him we would be okay and he could go. He left very peacefully..We played somewhere over the rainbow at his funeral and I will forever look for him in a rainbow..

I am so sorry for the loss of your husband. I hope you have many friends and family supporting you through this difficult time. This disease is so unpredictable.

Prayers for you,
Stephanie

Sounds like you were a very good caregiver and wife to your husband. So sorry about his fast progression, but what a neat idea playing somehere over the rainbow at his funeral. I hope you find some comfort and peace soon.

I am so sorry. Please accept my condolences. Blessings to you and your family.
Laurel

I will pray for you and your family at this great loss of your loved one. But it brings tears to my eyes, that you played Somewhere Over the Rainbow, and now look for him in every rainbow....how beauriful! God bless you!

So sorry for your lose of your husband. My prayers are with you and your family.

I am so sorry for your loss. Such a fast progression, yet what a blessing to go easily. My deepest sympathy as you grieve.

I am so sorry for your loss. Please accept my condolences. How marvellous though that you could surround him in love so that he could let go peacefully. I hope you too will find peace knowing he does not have to struggle anymore.

My heart hurts for you and your family, yet I rejoice for another soul in eternal rest with our Lord

so sorry for your loss what a nice way with the rainbow song he must of felt a lot of love and comfort

sorry for you lose , hope you find comfort knowing he's nolonger suffering

I am very sorry for your loss. I am sorry things progressed so quickly. But thankful that his time of suffering was limited. Lots of love to you and your family.

Honey, I am so sorry to hear of your darling's passing. What wonderful memories you have created. I will certainly be praying for you and your family.

Sorry for your loss.

AL.

I'm so sorry for your sadness. May you find peace of mind and heart. You and your husband are in my thoughts and prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back