Loved one DX
Country
US
State
TX
City
Houston
Hi Ya'll,

I know I was never really active in this forum but I did really use it to read about questions I had throughout my mom's disease for the past 2.5 years.

Kim Pham (my mother) was diagnosed May 2009 with Bulbar Onset ALS. However, she's had the symptoms for a year, but was misdiagnosed as acid reflux (and had a very necessary and stressful surgery as a result). A year and a half later, on January 29, 2011, she passed away.

Actually, we thought she was going to pass away that Thursday, but she waited for my brother to drive in from 3 hours away. Then she lived on for another 2 days before she passed. My father, myself, and my brother watched as she took her last breaths.

This disease is so horrible. She was a good woman, dedicated to God. She was always active in church prior to her disease and she always donated to the church and to the poor. In so many ways, she did not deserve this. The past 2.5 years have been so hard on her and had not been fair.

But at least, she is no longer suffering. At least she may now rest in peace.

Thank you all for your help through this board.

Kim

Kim, I'm so sorry about your mom's passing and for all she had to go through. You are right, no one deserves this horrible disease.

so sorry for your loss ,

Sorry for your loss Kim.

AL.

Kim, i'm sorry for your loss. With sympathy...Avril

Deepest sympathies to you and the rest of your family.

I understand your pain - am sorry for you and your family. Will remember her in my prayers

Kim I am so sorry for your loss. Please accept my condolences.
Laurel

Kim It is so hard to watch the ones we love with this disease, so very soory about your mom!

Kim -

So sorry to hear of your mother's passing. So many good people are lost to this disease and others - I lost my husband to ALS in December and my mother to cancer when I was young. I find my strength in remembering to try to live the life I feel they would have wanted me to. I pray you can find comfort and strength is something as well.

Sandy

deepest sympathies to you and your family.

Kim, my deepest sympathy and prayers for the loss of your mother. I'm so sorry.
Ann

Kim, my deepest sympathy to you and your family. Heaven has another angel!

I'm sorry for your loss. Its a horrible disease. My prayers are with you and your family.
Sandy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back