Diagnosis
08/2007
Country
US
State
New York
City
Bloomingdale
I am writing with a hole in my stomach and a shattered heart. My soulmate, best friend, husband, lover and father of my children has been called to heaven on August 16th. He went rather fast. The best thing about all this is I can honestly say he went standing tall on his own feet with no wheelchair or bed and no vent. He was a proud man one that I am so proud of and miss sososososo much.

At time I don't know how I am going to do this, I am relieved but scared of what is to come. My kids McKayla 14, Dondi 12, and Jillian 9 have been amazing. I am not sure that things have really sunk in yet but they have helped make ALL the arrangements and decisions with. I am so very blessed to have these children. My oldest keeps hugging and kissing me and telling me we will be stong together, my son yesterday after a breakdown by me called one of our bestest friends who intruduced us before marriage and told her she had to get here as my dad would want that and I was a wreck and needed her, jillian keeps giving lots of hugs and is teaching EVERYONE deep breathing and relaxation.

My house is full and so many people coming, friends from so long ago from so far away are on their way.

Don did not want a funeral or saddness he wanted this to be a celebration so that is what we are going to do. A non typical calling hours, a funeral full of laughs and a ice skating party after in his honor. My kids are even all playing hockey this weekend in honor of their Dad. The teams have all worn ribbons and had times of silence and played for Mr. Duffy the inspiration and fighter that everyone knew. NEVER GIVE UP that was his moto and that we will carry forward.

God Bless the Love of my Life and my best friend.

I love you forever and ever and all of eternity rest in peace DON DUFFY.

Jodi

I am so sorry for your loss. Don sounds like he was a wonderful husband and father whose spirit will continue to live on within all of you. May God bless you and your family.

Jodi I am so sorry that this monster of a disease has claimed another wonderful person..Rest now, and be blessed with your children. They sound like they really love you!

Firstly how sorry I am to hear about the loss of your darling, praying for you, your family sounds amazing this will be a huge blessing to you as you cope with your sadness, I send you peace and love from Kim.

My prayers and thoughts are with you and your family. Sounded like a wonderful husband and father.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

Dana

What a stunning family, bless you all. So sorry for your loss Jodi. Don sounds like an inspiration.
Aly

I am very sorry for your loss Jodi. Prayers being sent to you and your children.
Laurel

Many thoughts and prayers are with you and your family today.

Dear Jodi,

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Your husband sounds like such a good man. I'm glad your children and friends are helping you and, I'm sure, one another in this terrible grief.

Ann

Jodi I am so sorry for the loss of your husband, friend, lover , father and companion. May your happy memories soon push out the bad ones. Wishing for you to have strength to get through the next few days.Sending ((((hugs)))) to help get you through the pain.

It sounds like Don left the best part of himself in your great children! My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Jo

Jodi and family, Sending warm toasty hugs and prayers in your time of need. Stay strong and God bless! HUGS Les and Lori

Jodi, I m very sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your family.

Jodi, what a beautiful description of your awsome family. I hold you all in the prayer of my heart. May your beloved Don, now in the communion of saints, interceed for the rest of us on our journey Home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back