Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
fl
City
st. petersburg
My husband and soul mate Leo passed away peacefully in his sleep lying next to me early the morning of January 25, 2011 due to complications from Lou Gehrig's disease. He was only 57. With tears in my eyes and a heavy heart I AM happy that the light of my life has moved on to a place where he can wiggle all his fingers, grip a ball in his right hand, take long full deep breaths, run a marathon and again eat, chew and swallow everything he could ever want! We lived like we meant it until the very end..... you will always be with me…I miss you Leo.

I have read so many posts here that have been so comforting regarding not blaming yourself and how quickly this disease can progress even when the Dr.'s are not so sure it's moving that fast...it's true that even the professionals can't pinpoint each stage perfectly. This was initially seen as so unexpected and sudden to me as he was still doing really well the day prior - walking fine, eating pretty well, but as I read more, I am starting to realize that his situation was much more advanced in his lungs/lung muscles than we may have realized. I can only say it's a great relief to see posts from people who truly believe and are encouraging about the blessing it is to go the way he did and not have to experience all the future deterioration and lost quality of life that most do experience.

Although, as others have also stated, I wish for one more day, or since I'm greedy years...I was so lucky to have him for the time I did...what an incredible man.

Thanks for validating how I'm feeling....the first 24 hours is the hardest. Everything around me reminds me of him.....but I feel warmth in knowing he's in them all.

Melissa

Melissa...I wam very sorry for your loss. The love story you and your husband shared is a wonderful one. Calling him your soul mate warmed my heart and reminded me of my wife and I. Your husband was very lucky to have you by his side for this journey. Thank You for sharing your story. You are in my prayers. Your strength is inspirational.

I'm truly sorry for you lose. He is in a better place with no pain looking down from heaven. My thought and prayers will be with you.

My thoughts and prayers go out to you.

Dana

Melissa,

My condolences on the loss of your husband. I hope all the memories of happier times will comfort you.

Dear Melissa,

I'm so very sorry you have lost your husband to this disease, but so glad you know he is free. We all grieve differently, but I must say your attitude seems very generous and loving. Blessings and comfort in the time ahead, Melissa.

Warm hugs,
Ann

Dear Melissa

I am sorry that your love is gone.

You will have his love for your lifetime. Missing him everyday and knowing he is in a better place is what keeps you going.

Feel free to email me anytime!

Patty :smile:

Thank you so much everyone for the kind replies.....the comments are wonderful and make me feel less alone.

Thanks again!
Melissa

Melissa, So sorry about the loss of your husband and soul mate. Sounds like you were enjoying life to it's fullest with no regrets. This disease is tricky and we never know how long we have. May God comfort you and give you peace.

Dear Melissa. I am so sorry for your loss. Als may have taken his breath but it hasn't taken your love for each other. How wonderful to think of him free to wiggle, run & love you still. Sending online support as you are reminded everywhere of his passing.

So very sorry about your husband, take care of yourself...

Melissa, sorry for your loss.

MelissaB, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your dear husband. Your words moved me in a very deep way. Please take care of yourself, and let your memories warm you and keep you strong. Peace, Kim

so sorry about your loss but , comfort in that you were there right beside him ...

Sorry for your loss Melissa.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back