Loved one DX
Country
NED
State
Utrecht
City
Utrecht
Hi Everybody,

On 1 Januari 2011 our father passed away at the age of 68.

He was diagnosed in February with ALS and has passed through all the stages of this illness very very fast. There was hardly time to keep up.

Some of you helped us with ideas to keep his head straight when he suddenly could not keep his head up any longer, and some of you helped us with giving us comfort when we worried about his breathing problems. This was in October.

Back then I expressed my concerns about him not making Christmas. He did... he hang on long enough to grant my wishes. After Christmas he went down fast. We called my sister and mother to come immediately... My dad hung on untill they were here 2 days later.
He held on for one more day after they were there. We were in his bedroom the whole time. He couldn't open his eyes anymore, because of the morphine. But he could hear us. We had a oxygen and pulse meter on his finger the whole time and it went up when we were talking to him. It went down when they cleaned him or when we gave him Morphine and had to take off his bipap to give it to him. He knew we were there. And he was listening to our jokes, our tears... feeling our touch and massages.

I am pretty sure he hang on that extra day because we pampered him outrageously that last night and day.

We needed to reposition him and that proved too much. His oxygen levels dropped and his pulse dropped as well.
He opened his eyes one last time to look us all in the face... then one last time to my brother for permission to let go. My brother gave permission and he went.

He was calm, comfortable and without fear and with his family around him. All the things he wished the most.

It is very difficult to think he is not there anymore. But he will live on in our memories forever.

Love,
Ina & Monique

Ina and Monique, So sorry to hear of your father's passing. I am glad you were with him on his final journey. May God bless each of you and bring comfort during this time of mourning.

So sorry for your loss. Thank you for sharing you father's last days and moments with us. I am sure he was comforted greatly by your love. God bless.

Very sorry to hear of your loss! May God comfort you at this time.

I am so sorry for the loss of your father. Take comfort that you were able to give him what he wished for just as he did for you. May you also find comfort in the good memories you hold and the love you shared.

My deepest condolences to you and your family.

Your father was so lucky to have your love and care and laughter - it was certainly felt, heard, and appreciated. He must have been a great father to have such thoughtful daughters!

My sympathies are with you.

Dear Ina & Monique,
Thanks for telling us of the time you spent with your father as he passed away. I am deeply moved by the love expressed. I am sorry for your loss and extend my sympathy but am so glad he was surrounded by such love. Avril

I am so sorry for the loss of your father.

Very sorry for your loss! God Bless you and your family.

Thank you, Ina and Monique, for sharing such a moving story with us. I'm glad you were all together at your father's passing, and pray for your comfort as you grieve.

Please accept our condolences. You were SO good to him.

My condolences for your loss.
Barry

he left surronded with love ,

Please except my sympathies for the loss of you father.May God Bless you & your family during this difficult time.He is now in Heaven with our Lord.
Sharon

so sorry for your loss.love wanda and glenxoxoxoxoxox

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back