Diagnosis
08/2010
Country
US
State
GA
City
McDonough
I am not sure if this is the right place to post or appropriate of if I am not following protocol, hopefully I will not offend anyone. Anyway, I feel like you all have become my friends and family, and I needed to share this and I knew you would all understand. Today my Grandmother passed away unexpectedly. She was 86 years old, a picture of good health and very active. She was out shopping doing what she enjoyed! I never told her I had ALS because I did not know how to break her heart. I love her so much and miss her already. I know that she is with my Grandfather in heaven and I will always be able to feel her love and spirit. Thanks for listening and allowing me to express my sorrow. God Bless all of you, you are such wonderful people!

Last edited:
Ted- we are family here. you never EVER need to wonder if it is ok to post something- ALS related or not.
Im so very sorry for the loss of your Grandma. It is hard any time, but especially around the holidays. I know this first hand.
I can understand why you wouldnt tell her about the ALS. She knows now- so please keep an open mind and eye, she might be dropping you some visits from time to time.
I know how you are hurting right now. Please feel our love for you and your family during this difficult time- and always.
Please let us know what we can do to help you through it.

My condolences. The death of a loved one is difficult, no matter the cause. I am glad you can find comforts within your loss and for certain from your forum family.
My thoughts are with you.

You can talk to her now and tell her you have Als and know you have someone over the other side you could turn to in spirit. Things of the spirit are inexplicable. For instance my husband is still alive, yet one day in meditation I found comfort talking to his spirit. It helped so much, I did it another time since that one time. I am touched you love your grandmother so much and am sorry you lost her today.

Ted I am so sorry about your grandmother! It's good she did not have to worry about you. I know you were a great grandson because I can tell how special you are. My prayers are with you and your family... Take care

Dear Ted,

I'm both very sorry for your unexpected loss and also glad for her that she went so quickly without a long illness. And Ted, I know and understand your desire to spare her from worrying and grieving over your condition. As Joni says above, there's no doubt you were a delight to her. I pray you'll know peace as you grieve. Deepest sympathy,
Ann

Thank You everyone for youe empathy and kind remarks. It means more to me then I can express. It brings tears of both joy and sadness to my eyes. Yes Ann I too am grateful that she did not suffer. She hated Hospitals and Dr's etc. She would drive all her friends to their appts but refused to go herself unless it was absolutely necessary. She would have been happy to go quickly without being in a Nursing Home or extended Hospital visit or repeated Dr visits. I miss her but her Spirit is alive and well. Thank You all for your kind words and support. I love my Forum Family!

So sorry to hear about the loss of your grandma.You now have an Angel in heaven .God Bless
Sharon

Ted,

My condolences go out to you and your family on the loss of your grandmother. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Sorry to hear about the loss of your grandmother, Ted. My condolences to you and the rest of your family.

Sorry for the loss of your grandma Ted.

AL.

Ted I am sorry to read of your Grandmother's passing. Please accept my condolences. She sounds like a lovely person.
Laurel

Ted,
I'm so sorry for your loss of your Grandmom. I pray you will feel the love of God and your family during this time.

Thanks everyone! You huys are the best, I can certainly feel the love and support from everyone! Your thoughts and prayers are very much appreciated.

Dear Ted and family,
I am sorry and sad to hear about your grandmother.
Please know you are always in my prayers, esp during this time of
loss.
Blessings, Pat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back