Not open for further replies.

mytwoboys

Country
US
State
OH
City
Canal Winchester
It is with great sadness that I tell all of you that my husband Alan passed away early this morning. He was 48. His brother and I were by his side along with a nurse and aide from the hospice center. His passing was mostly quiet and peaceful. He became unresponsive Monday afternoon and continued to decline - rapidly at times.

The hatred I have for this monster is matched in intensity by the most sincere gratitude I have for all the support I have received from my friends on these forums. Just knowing that we were not alone relieved some of the burden I felt every time I logged in. I have met only a couple of members in person (thanks to Barry's map) - but count you as those closest to me and my family. Once you are dragged into the world created by this disease, your life is changed. My forum friends are the ones that can say "I understand" - and I know that they do.

I am trying hard to find the words to describe my feelings right now. Sadness that my boys are cheated out of a father. Sadness that Alan was cheated out of living out the rest of his life doing the things he loved. Sadness for him being punished for no reason. Sadness for what was supposed to be. Yet in the middle of my creation of this message, I can laugh through my tears because our new kittens keep jumping on my keyboard and I have to keep fixing this message. They are fulfilling their mission of bringing some joy back into our house :)

I don't see this as being my last post. This disease is now part of who I am. There is no way I can walk away - it's always going to be there. I only hope that I can offer the advice, support, and friendship that has been so helpful to me during our journey.

Love to all.
Sandy

Sandy, I am so very sorry about Alan. It makes me so sad to hear of someone so young with so much to live for being robbed by this horrible, stupid disease. Please accept ny most sincere condolence to you and your family.

I am glad that the map helped you connect with other forum members, that was why I created it, so we could find each other.

Sandy, I am very sorry to read this news. Take some solace in the fact that he passed peacefully surrounded by the love of his family. My deepest sympathy.

John

Sandy,

I am sorry for your loss, my thoughts and prayers are with you. I am glad your kittens are helping to lift your spirits.

Dana

Sandy, so sorry for you and all Alan's loved ones. This disease really stinks

Sandy,

My heart aches for you and your boys. My husband and I are only 49, so I feel a kinship with you - dealing with the disease and raising two children. I know it is just a matter of time before I have the death of a husband in common with you. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Sandy, please accept my condolences. I hate ALS for what it does to those who love us.

Dear Sandy:

I am so very very sorry that you lost your love, that the boys lost their Dad and that you all have experienced the worst disease of ALS.

In 2009 I lost my George to ALS after falling. I also have two sons, but older, I am sure.

I pray that friends/family/neighbors will be close to your side and the boys.

I don't know you but feel free to email me anytime privately.

Patty

Sandy, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your boys. HUGS Lori

Sandy, I'm very sorry for your loss. Praying for you and your sons,
Ann

Sandy I am so sorry for the loss of your husband. My brother was also 48 when he lost the fight. Please accept my ((((hugs)))) to you and your family at this time.

Sandy I am so sad to hear about Alan's passing.You now have an Angel in Heaven watching over you & the boys.God Bless you all.
love & prayers
Sharon

This is very sad news! I am so sorry, please accept my condolences.

Sandy, I am so sorry for the loss of your loving husband and father of your sons. I will say a prayer for God to comfort you all during this time.

I am 50 with three sons , one is 31 and 2 at home are 11 and 13 with a 3 1/2 yr old grandson. It breaks my heart that I will not be here to watch them grow up. But I trust that God will watch over them along side my husband and family and friends. I trust he will do the same for your boys too.

God bless,

Deeply saddened to hear of your loss. May God grant you strength for the days ahead and peace for your soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back