Diagnosis
07/2002
Country
US
State
IL
City
Morris
I know that not many of you knew much about us and especially my PALS, Gerald. We found the forum long after he had been diagnosed in 2002. I would mainly read some of the posts looking for help and trying to be of help.
Gerald lost his battle on 8/12/10. He had double pneumonia and MRSA and had been battling pressure wounds since May. His diagnosis of bulbar ALS had also included the dementia. He had not been able to communicate with us for 5 years.
He was a strong Christian man, so I have no doubt as to where he is--as many have put it he's "Steppin' on the clouds..." able to walk and talk and rejoice in Jesus.
We will miss him terribly--but we are glad his suffering is over. My advice to anyone who reads this--PALS or CALS--stay strong in your faith in the Lord and keep supporting each other on this site. Few understand what you are going through--many of them are here on the Forum. Don't give up hope--and don't deprive your loved ones of hope by giving up too quickly.
Love, and prayers,
Sharon Swihart (swi71)

sharon- very sorry for your loss.

Very sorry for your loss, Sharon. May he rest in eternal peace...

I am very sorry for your loss. May God Bless you and keep you. Sincerely, Peg

I am very sorry to hear this! My sincere condolences.

God Bless Sharon I am so sorry to hear about Gerald 's passing .Yes he is now rejoicing in Heaven.
Sharon

Sharon. please accept my condolences for your loss.
Barry

So sorry for your loss. Hope that you are getting some rest now. He is better now.

I am sorry for your loss, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Dana

My condolences to you and your family. May God bless you and Gerald and you are correct he is with Jesus now.

so sorry for your loss.love wanda and glen xoxoxo

Sharon, I, too, am sorry for your loss, but am also very glad you will see him again.
Ann

Sharon, Sorry for your loss and thank you for your encouraging words.
God Bless
Tom

Sharon,

Thank you for letting us know of Gerald's passing and thank you for all of the loving support and care you brought to him during his illness. You made a world of difference for him! Blessings on you!

Kim

sharon ,I am so sorry. yea, though I walk the valley of the shadow of death,I will fear no evil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back