Reason
CALS
Country
US
State
PA
City
waynesboro
July 31 my MIL Barb started her new journey. ALS took her body but never took her spirit. Barb fought hard and never let this monster overrule her life. She was a beautiful soul from the first day I met her and until the end. I must tell you I think she picked her own day to start her new life. About 2 weeks before she passed, she started to wonder what day it was. We started to mark her calendar off everyday for her but we for some reason didn't mark off the 30th. July 31st she passed and that evening our family was sitting talking and Barbs youngest sister asked if anyone realized what happend on this same day 29 years before. Well, noone had an answer but she told us that it was the same day Barbs mother passed, I truly believe Barb picked that day to go home with her mom and dad. My husband told me he had a dream that night that his grandma came to the house to take his mother shopping and her that she was in the nursing home so she would have to go there to get her to take her shopping. I truly believe that her mother came back to take her home with her.
Barb, loved the Pittsburgh Steelers, and she wanted to be burried in a Steeler jersey, so we did and our entire family wore Steelers jerseys or Steelers tshirts to the viewing. I know now Barb can walk again, talk again, hold her head up high again, her arms work again and like she told me many many times, she wanted to be whole again and now she is.
I want to Thank all my forum family for listening to me and all the advise that has been given. Without you all we would have been lost soooooooooo many times. As Barb would say "LOVE TO ALL" Josie

Josie,
What a wonderful, loving tribute to your MIL Barb! How blessed she was to have you as her caregiver. I am sending you love from the Prairie and I am holding you close to my heart. Rest now Josie and take care of you. With admiration, love and support from my home to you, Kay Marie

what a peaceful thought

What a wonderful story. Sorry for your loss.

So sorry for your loss but happy that your MIL is whole again.

Sorry for your loss Josie.

AL.

Our condolences and best wishes to you and yours. We liked the Steelers Jerseys idea and the fact you all carried it out. Is a lovely tribute in the things you wrote above.

Thank you for sharing your story with us. I love that you all wore the steelers shirts. I pray the lord will bless and comfort you at this time. I am so happy that she is now at peace... Big hugs, Linda

Josie, thank you for the beautiful tribute to Barb. Please accept my condolences to you and your family for your loss.

Josie,

May Barb rest in peace and watch her beloved Steelers forever!

What a great tribute to Barb. I am sure she knew the day she wanted to go to be with her Mom. I get a sense of comfort when I read about things happening like that. Thank you for sharing that with us.

Dana

Josie, thank you for sharing that with us. God bless you and your family now. Well done!

Ann

What lovely words, God bless Barb and all of you xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back