Reason
Loved one DX
Country
UK
State
Cleveland
City
Cleveland
I hope I have posted in the right place!
It wasn't so long ago I posted my first thread about my Grandad and in no time at all he has gone. It hurts so much to write this but I wondered if anyone could give me some answers that I need.
My grandad was diagnosed with MND 7 months ago. He has progressively got worse but we were not expecting him to pass away so soon! The family were too upset to find out all the details of when he passed away (because he was in a nursing home and nobody was expecting it) so I wondered if anyone could enlighten me on what might have happened. He did have shortness of breath and the day before he passed away and the doctor was called because he was struggling more than usual. The doctor checked him over and obviously thought he was ok, because he didn't do anything about it. That night as far as we know, he has passed away in his sleep. How can he go from one day being fine (well as fine as can be with this condition) to passing away? Has he just stopped breathing? He was also struggling to speak that day too. Something that he hadn't had much trouble with. i'm finding it difficult to get my head around. I know I could go to the doctor and the nursing home for answers, but i'm worried incase i hear something that might upset me more.
I would just like to hear some personal stories or opinions about why this has happened so suddenly. I can't believe he has gone. He was never the same person after he was diagnosed with MND.
Thank you :)

Cinderella - I don't have any answers for you, but I did want to let you know how sorry I am to hear of your grandad's passing. Please know that you and your family are in my prayers.

So sorry: Prayers for your family. I don't have any answers either,How old was your Granddad?
Sharon

Sorry to hear this. Who was managing his care, did he ever go to an MND clinic? Has he ever had an FVC done? There may be several reasons for his sudden passing, and respiratory failure is likely. Those who were caring fir him ought to be able to give some answers. My partner's mum died from pneumonia while in hospital due to an ulcerated leg, which too was a shock.

Cinderalle
So very sorry for you loss.

Check out Jennifer1975's last post. The same thing happend to her mom, she quietly passed away one night even though she seemed fine when she went to bed. I also have a friend who lost her husband to ALS the same way. Her explanation was that his CO2 levels may have risen too high durning the night which caused his passing.

Sorry for your loss Cinderella.

AL.

So sorry for your loss. I think the only way to find out what happened is to ask the dr and nurse at the home where he passed... Sounds like you have questions that need to be answered. I pray the lord will comfort you and your family at this sad time. Linda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back