Reason
Loved one DX
Country
ca
State
new brunswick
City
sussex
In the early hours of Tuesday morning July 27 2010, my dad 's journey with ALS ended. A week ago on Sunday we celebrated dad's 85th birthday with a Community at Home.Since dad was living in a Veterans Facilty, we hosted the event in his home community and he sooo enjioyed himself. There were at least 150 people who attended and signed the guest book:Dad never stopped smiling though . He was also able to spend a night at his house. The week before he was able to attend the annual square dance jamboree . Thursday of last week, dad experienced a great deal of difficulty breathing and an xray showed that he had an advanced pnemonia in both lungs. He was hospitalized and the DR treated him with antibiotics but his breathing muscles were just too weak fight the infection. My brother, sister and I stayed with him throughout this last leg of his journey and we were all with him when his breathing stopped and his journey ended. I miss him so much and these next few days are going to be so tough as we say our final goodbyes, but as my son so aptly put it " I am sorry for us that Grampy is no longer with us but I am not sorry for him as he is now free".

I am very sorry for your loss.

So sorry about your dad, please accept my sincere condolences. I am so glad that he got to celebrate his birthday and go the the square dance jamboree and I'm sure they are memories that you will cherish.

All the best to you and your family
Barry

so very sorry. He was clearly a great man

My deepest sympahties during this difficult time.

I am so very sorry to hear about your dad. Please accept my condolences and pass along to your family. You are all in my prayers.

I am so sorry for the loss of your father.

I am very sorry about your Fathers passing. I will say a prayer for him and your family tonight. I think it is wonderful that he had such a wonderful 85th Birthday celebration. I am sure that the smile you described will be etched in your families minds forever!

Very sorry for your loss.

AL.

So sorry for your loss x

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your father. It sounds like he enjoyed great support from his family and friends right to the end.

John

Sanderson, please accept my condolences on the loss of your dad. Thank you for being there for him and for the special day you provided him with.

I'm very sorry for the loss of your dad. Glad he was able to enjoy the time he had left with friends and family.

So sorry for the loss of your Dad.God Bless all.
Sharon

Sanderson, how very bittersweet. Your father was blessed to have so much love and support, and to celebrate his 85th birthday and really enjoy it so close to his end is wonderful. I think you all did a wonderful thing in giving him so much joy. And now, I hope you are comforted as you grieve your loss. My deepest sympathy,
Ann

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back