CA
City
Lake Forest
Hello friends,

I've been away for a while and may be posting old news however I wanted to
post here my sadness about seeing in the newspaper this morning that Danielle
Camacho passed on 7/13/10.

I remember meeting her after an ALS ride to raise funds to help with her care
and to help pay for her daughters schooling. I spoke with Danielle, her husband and daughters and was amazed by the courage and strength I saw within that sweet family.

I am happy that Danielle is finally at peace and will keep her family in my prayers in the coming days.

I fondly remember my "friends" from this forum and truly miss the genuine love and care
I always felt from each of you.

My dear friend Linda (PALS) has been gone now for almost 4 years. Her husband has remarried and both of her children have married as well. Linda's first grandson was born
last year. Life does continue . . .

Take good care.
Jeanne

My condolences to Danielle's family and friends.

Sorry for the loss of your friend Jeanne.

AL.

My condolences for your loss.

I believe Danielle Camacho was the woman who had lost her house to foreclosure, a good friend of Stu's from ALS Guardian Angels? You may remember Stu trying to work with the mortgage company to prevent this from happening.

My condolences to her family and all her friends.

Sandra

Thank you for sharing. May she rest in peace...

Sandra, you are right. Here is what Stu posted on Facebook on July 13

Danielle Camacho had ALS and lived with her two young daughters and a largely absentee husband. In January 2009, they received a forclosure notice from their lender, JP Morgan. Obviously they were far behind on their mortgage.

I believe that the company's first responsibility is to their investors. However, their ...advertising spins a picture of a humane organization always willing to work with their mortgage holders. I figured I'd give it a try. Danielle was desperate to live out her days at home.

I filled out all the necessary paperwork. No response. I did it again. No response. For weeks I called daily and couldn't get an appropriate person to talk with me. I was frustrated and furious.

I emailed, called and sent registered letters to their mortgage department daily. I asked those I knew in the ALS community to do likewise. Security called and let me know I was a threat and to cease and desist. I told them what I thought and then turned up the volume. The Camacho'sthen got a notice that the house would be sold at auction June 28, 2009. I was beyond furious.

Everyday I sent JP Morgan's CEO a FedEx package, registered letter, certified letter, and first class letter. Each said the same thing, that JP Morgan prefered to evicit the family of a dying mother rather than try to "work something out". We were now clearly on the record. Then a local LA television station considered doing a story. They called JP Morgan's PR department to get their side. Within a half hour I received a call from the Executive office telling me that it was all a big mistake. I would be getting a call shortly from a VP to "work something out". Great!

I waited a week. No call. Then we received a notice from "the new owners". The house was sold at Auction and the Camacho's were to vacate. I went nuclear. I'd prefer to keep "trade secrets" to myself, but JP Morgan bought the house back for a $100k loss within days. The family could stay in the house and wouldn't have to make a payment for as long as Danielle was alive. All she ever wanted was to stay at home for the time she had left.

Danielle died today. At home.

My condolences and prayers to Danielle Camacho's friends and family. May she rest in peace. Shame on JP Morgan! God bless all!

Irma

Prayers for Danielle's 2 girls, RIP in peace Danielle.

Heaven has a beautiful lady. Rest in peace.

My condolences go to the family for their loss. I know that Danielle is an angel now. You and Danielle's family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back