Reason
Loved one DX
Country
Uni
State
Alabama
City
Mobile
As I sit and write this, My heart is breaking.....

I haven't been here in a while. Some of you may know that Tim passed away on Feb. 5th. After is long battle with ALS. He died in my arms just the way he wanted to. He was very Comfortable and Peaceful. Due to personal and family issues, I was able to spend Tim's last four months with him, most day's and night's. He had more courage than anyone I know. I had always told him: "He had more inner Strength than anyone I knew walking around on two feet". I am so honored to have had him as my brother. He taught me so much, He never gave up Hope, even until the end. Hours before he passed, he still communicated with me by raising his eyebrows when I talked to him or if I was asking him a question. I miss him so much! But I know he is in a better place now. He will live on in my Heart, I told him he will always be with me. I love you, Tim.

The Broken Chain
I little knew that morning. God was going to call your name,
In life I loved you dearly, in death I do the same.
It broke my heart to loose you, you did not go alone,
for part of me went with you, the day God called you home.
You left me beautiful memories your love is still my guide,
and though we cannot see you, you're always at my side.
Our family chain is broken and nothing seems the same,
but as God calls us one by one, the chain will link again.

You are a fantastic sister! That was wonderful you were there for him. God Bless you!
I am so sorry he has passed on.

Lorie, I'm so very sorry about Tim. I know he fought long and hard. You did the best any sister could, to help him along the way.

I've really missed you here and hope you are doing the best you can.

We have missed you here Lorie. Very sad about Tim. You did more for him than most sisters would. Glad you're back.

AL.

Lorie, you certainly made a huge difference in Tim's quality of life. Thank you for all you did for him. You are an inspiration!

Kim

Lorie, I am so sorry for your loss. I can literally feel your heart break... I know that pain too well. It is so wonderful that you were there for your dear Tim until the moment he took his last breath. That is a beautiful gift that you gave him. He was so lucky to have you by his side throughout his entire journey. I too was with my dad until he took his last breath. It is such an intense experience to witness a loved one pass on right before your eyes.

Please accept my deepest sympathy and thank you for sharing that beautiful poem. It obviously speaks to me on a very deep level. I send you my support and my warmest thoughts.

Hoping you are doing well,
Rosella

Hello Lorie -

I am so sorry to hear about the passing of your brother. I am fairly new to the forum, so I haven't met you yet. Sorry to meet under this circumstances. Your brother sounds like he was a wonderful person and the world will miss him.

Take care.

Hi Lorie, my prayers go with you and my heart cries with you. Every passing is so painful to read, the pain so raw.

ghii

Lorie,
I heard about Tim a while ago and have thought about you frequently. I am glad you have posted, and it is nice to know Tim was able to have you support him on his journey. You are a terrific sister.

Lydia

Lorie, I am so sorry for your loss, Tim was very lucky to have you there to care for him and be there at the end. Thank you for being there for him.

Hi Lori,
I LOVE THAT POEM. I did the same thing that you did when my son (rich) died from cancer.talked to him to the very end & let him know that I would be ok & that he could go home to the Lord & not suffer anymore.It brings tears to my eyes now. it is so hard to watch your loved one pass ,I also was the last one with my father inlaw 1yr ago May.God Bless you Lori you was the most wonderful person in your brothers life. Glad to see you back on here please keep us informed on how you are doing.love ya
Sharon

Lori,

Tim was extremely lucky to have you as a sister, you gave him so much support and love....

Lorie,

Tim was blessed to have you as his sister. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Lorie, you are a good soul! I'm sure your brother and your entire family appreciate what you did for him. His struggle is over, now he can rest.

*hugs*

Hi Lorie, so happy to see you back on the forum. I have been absent from the forum myself due to the same reason. I agree with the others, Tim was so lucky to have you for a sister! You and I we have been in touch since his passing, so there isn't much to say other than he is in a much better place where there is no suffering, no Als only peace. May God bless you!

Irma

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back