Diagnosis
09/2009
Country
US
State
VA
City
Henrico
Charlie Wedemeyer lost his 30+ year battle with ALS on June 3, 2010. He was 64. He was a Facebook friend.

What a fighter! So so sorry to hear this.

Charlie Wedemeyer was famous for his long and brave battle against ALS. He continued to coach football for several years after diagnosis and led the team to a major championship. A TV movie was made about his success. Here is a nice memorial article: http://www.mercurynews.com/news/ci_15220030

So sorry may he rest in peace.God Bless his family.
Sharon

Thank you for posting the link, Hal! He was a legendary athlete from Hawaii - football, basketball, etc. There was a documentary done on him, too. He was an amazing man. The world will miss him.

I recall watching the TV movie some years ago.

Thanks, Hal, for the link. That was a great article.

Thought I recognised the name. Sorry for his loss.

AL.

So sorry to hear of another friend lost....it was nice to read the article about him...

I remember this gentleman. I am surprised how many times I am reminded of my awareness to ALS even before Mom's diagnosis...

Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Wedemeyer for demonstrating strength, love, courage and grace in your life with ALS.

My sympathies to the Wedemeyer family.

He was an inspiration to us all, my condolences to his family and friends. Thanks Hal for the link.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back