Diagnosis
06/2010
Country
US
State
CO
City
Denver
Eric Fox was not a member of the forum (at least not that I know) and actually no one I ever met. Eric died after a 5 year battle with ALS. See: ERIC FOX... for details about Eric. I felt a strange connection to Eric after reading his Bio and exchanging one e-mail with him last month. The early stages of his disease are very similar to what I am dealing with, we are the same age, 40, and he has young children, as do I.

I don't know his family, or wife, but he appeared to be a religious guy and if you pray, please pray for his family. I am hoping that if his wife were to read this she would not be [further] upset.

Last night when I read he passed I just sat and cried, prior to mnd I was not a crier. Selfishly I think I cried for my wife and children, not for Eric. This beast we call ALS is an unforgiving monster; Eric seemed to be one of the "good guys" and his loss is truly a tragedy.

dp
ERIC FOX...

I am sorry for the loss of your friend. I went to the link and ready about Eric. I don't recall him being on this sight but I'm glad that you found us. This site is incredibly helpful for PALS and CALS. Again, I'm sorry for your loss and I'm sorry to hear of your diagnosis.

One of the saddest things I've found with ALS is that so many people die whom you've gotten to know. Since my diagnosis in August 2009, four people I've met have died. One was just last week. It's hard but I guess you have to accept it if you're going to connect with other ALS families.

Hal -

Thanks. I appreciate your comments. your posts always bring insight.
Dan

Just J -
Thank you for the kind words.
Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back