Diagnosis
09/2009
Country
Aus
State
NSW
City
Sydney
It was very peaceful, thanks to the morphine. She was ready to go - she had lost all of her mobility and she was a bulbar patient, so she had no means of communication once her hands went. On Friday night something was bothering her and she couldn't tell me what it was. I had no idea if she was in pain, nauseous or just needed an itchy foot scratched! A few days before this she had still been able to write a little and she had written that she was ready . . . she was waking up every morning wishing she hadn't.

My brother lives in Japan, so we got him home as fast as we could, and he arrived Sunday morning. My mother responded a little when he walked in, but during Sunday her breathing got slower and slower. In the evening we got her to bed, and 15 minutes later she took her last breath.

It was exactly as she would have wished - a dignified and controlled exit in her own home.

Nine months from onset of first symptoms, seven months from diagnosis. It has been a tough ride and it is so darn unfair!

Thank you all for your support and help with my many questions.

sesl

Sesl, I am soul sorry. Thank you for giving such love and care to your Momma and sharing that journey with her. Sending you prairie love this morning. Kay Marie

sesl, thankyo for honouring us by sharing this sad news with us; you have been a great support to your mother clearly and i congratulate you on helping her achieve her ending surrounded by love
soso sorry you all had to endure this horror
love

sesl
My sincerest sympathy to you and your family.

While I dont know you & have just signed on to ask a few questions, i want to extend my deepest sympathy to you and your family. May God guide you through this hurtful period!

sesl.......may your sweet Mom rest in peace! She is no longer suffering. I know it's so hard to say good bye, but it would not be fair to them to remain in a functionless body, especially when you can't swallow nor eat. It is so unfair, I agree with you. My son passed on a Sunday evening as well at 6:15 pm. It took place at home. It was quite an experience. Thanks for sharing these sad news with us. Prayers to your family, and please accept my condolences. God bless

Irma

Sesi, Thanks for sharing the last few days of your Moms life and passing with us. Thanks you so much. You sound so sweet and I can only imagine how much you Mom loves you.. I am so very sorry for your loss but I do think she is still close by you .. Big Hugs, Linda

Sesl, Irma, I am so sad for you both, and relieved for your suffering loved one, only because I believe that once we pass from our life here that our suffering ends and a new dimensional truth begins. I hope that grief and despair are gentle for you both and your families, and that your love brings you comfort.

my thoughts and sympathies are with you and family

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Dana

So sorry for your loss. I am sure she felt honored to have you caring for her. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
NancyS

I am so sorry about your loss and extend my deepest sympathy.

Debbie

sesl,

Thank you for all you did for your mother during her illness. She was blessed to have you there!

There is not much one can say at a time like this. Just know we care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back