Diagnosis
08/2009
Country
US
State
louisiana
City
prairieville
My dad lost a 7 month battle with ALS on Friday, April 9, 2010.
Dad was diagnosed in August, 2009. The monster progressed very rapidly.
Through his journey, Dad never complained. He lost every ounce of dignity as his wife and daughters had to help tend to his daily needs. Yes, we hated it. But, we would not have been anywhere else - and we would do it again. Our Mom, who claims she is not strong, gained strength that came to her through her faith. As we prayed for God's mercy in the end, our prayers were answered. However, they were answered with the price of saying goodbye to our Dad. My Dad had a sweet soul. He worked his entire life to provide for his family. He had retired and now had the time to "play" with his grand kids. He was robbed of that. Pray for a cure of this horrific disease.

Please accept our sincere sympathy for the loss of your Husband, Father and Grandfather. He sounds like a marvelous man. Be proud of your loving care and somehow find comfort that he is in a better place. hugs, Kay Marie

I am so sorry for the loss of your Dad.
Please accept my condolences.
Dana

Please accept my condolences and give my sympathy to your family.

So sorry......

Dick

I am so sorry for your loss, my condolences to you and your family.

I'm very sorry for your family's loss. May he rest in peace...

I am so sorry for the loss of your Dad ,Prayers for the whole family.God Bless.
Sharon

very sorry for the loss of your loved one. Thanks for sharing your thoughts with us about your dad. He sounds like a wonderful Father and husband. Linda

I am so sorry for the loss of your dad. Your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

so sorry , may you and your family remember the happy memories of him

I'm sorry for your loss of your dad, Arthur. Please accept my sincere condolences and thank you for all you did for him during his battle with ALS.

Kim

kpou
This is a wonderful forum but the hardest part is hearing the news that yet another wonderful person as lost the battle with this terrible affliction. May God bless and keep you in the days and weeks ahead. May you and your family be enveloped by His grace and peace.

Jim

I am so very sorry about your dad. How wonderful he was able to share this time with his family. It sounds like he had the best caregivers in the land. I'm sure you were all blessed beyond measure during this catastrophic time. Peace to you and yours.

joining in the song of grief. So so sorry, dear friend. If only our hatred for this disease were strong enough to overcome all hurdles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back