Not open for further replies.

thelma313

Country
CA
State
Quebec
City
Montreal
I just wanted to let all of you know that my father, Angelo Tursi, was set free this morning at 11:38am. My mom, my sister and I were by his side when he left and we all got the chance to tell him how much we love him and to say our good-byes. My dad was a real trooper throughout his relentless battle with ALS. He was spared no punches but he did not lose his battle, he just chose to walk away from the fight today.

My heart is broken and I will always miss my awesome dad. He was a truly exceptional man who loved all the simple things life had to offer: his luscious garden, making his wine, building things, and swimming in the ocean. He was a master electrician with an impeccable work ethic and he loved fast cars and cold beer. Angelo was a real salt of the Earth kind of guy. He was a romantic husband and a fiercely protective and loving father. He was a truly faithful friend, a good brother and always lent a helping hand. He had an infectious laugh and when he smiled, he smiled with his whole face.

I will always try to make him proud and as I told him this morning, even though ALS took away his speech, I have always heard his voice and will continue to hear it for the rest of my life. Even though he is physically gone, he will always be my dad.

Godspeed Papito.

Thank you all my forum friends. I would not have gotten through the last 19 months without all of you. This is a truly special place and I will forever feel blessed for having stumbled upon this forum when I did.

Love to all of you,
Rosella

Attachments

• Angelo's First Communion.jpg
    Angelo's First Communion.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 472
  • Angelo's first car.jpg
    Angelo's first car.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 612
  • Mom and Dad on their honeymoon in New Jersey.jpg
    Mom and Dad on their honeymoon in New Jersey.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 468
  • Mom and Dad in Florida March 2009.jpg
    Mom and Dad in Florida March 2009.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 475
  • ALS walk.jpg
    ALS walk.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 812
Rosella you are the best daughter anyone could ask for and I know that your Dad thought the world of you. I am so sorry and I have no words to say how much it hurts to be offering you my condolences but please accept my heartfelt sympathies to you, your mom and your sister.

Please know that I will always remember him even though I only knew him through you and your love for him. Too many tears here lately but he is now free of the monster.

Love to you and your family
Barry

I am so sorry for your loss may he rest in peace. God Bless.
Sharon

Rosella, So sorry, be strong. HUGS Lori

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss, Rosella. May he rest in peace.

My heart aches for you! Please accept my condolences. He could not have asked for a better daughter.

Oh Rosella! My heart aches for you as well! You and your family have been blessed to be able to stay focused on the love and magnificence of your father's life and your love for each other.
So many losses lately...

You and your family will be in my prayers.

I am so saddened for your family. Thinking of you in Saratoga Springs, NY. Kelly

Rosella, please accept condolences from my family to yours.

Glen

My dear Rosella, I am so sorry to hear of your father's passing. Please pass my sympathies on to the rest of your family. You are a daughter anyone would be proud to call theirs. Your parents raised a beautiful person.
Colleen

Rosella,

I am so deeply sorry. Like me, you were one of the lucky ones that had a father who truly knew how to live life and to love and protect his own. He, along with your Mom, did such a wonderful job raising you that the love came back to him ten fold. I wish I had figured out what makes the loss any easier to share with you but I have not.

Thank you for sharing your photos. What a handsome fellow. He looks like a Hollywood star in his first car and the 2 seater bike pic is a classic!

My family will be walking in the ALS walk in May. I will think of my family, your family, this forum family and all the others that were taken from us by this horrible disease and hope that like the finish line a cure is within reach.

Please accept my condolences and a virtual hug from one daughter to another.
Dana

Dear Rosella,

My heart is broken for you, your sister and especially for Alida. There are no words that I can say that I haven't already. You know how I feel.

Your post is so beautiful & eloquent, and so full of love. Thanks you for sharing your Dad with us in your words & pictures. Dana is right; he is movie-star handsome.

Always know that you did make him proud, and will continue to make him proud!
After all, you are his daughter!

My love & prayers to you all,
Marianne

Rosella
I am so, so sorry for your loss. Your love for your father is very evident in your post. What a wonderful tribute. My cheeks are damp with tears shed for you sorrow. I know they do little to ease your pain but know that the prayers spoken from my lips are for you and your family during this difficult time.

Thank you all so much. You are all so wonderful and kind. My mom, Alida thanks you all as well. She and my dad have been an incredible team throughout their loving 43-year marriage but especially in these last 19 months. They were dealt a real blow with the diagnosis but they locked hands and they faced it all together, with a dignity and a grace unlike anything I have ever witnessed. Theirs was a true love story... my mom is just as much a hero as my dad in this ALS journey. We wish you all a lot of love and humour in your lives. Savour every precious moment, the memories will sustain you when you need them.

Today is my dad's wake so I won't be around my computer very much. I hope you all have a peaceful and beautiful day.

Rosella

Rosella, I wrote this for Angelo and I hope that you don't mind

For Angelo

I did not know him
I knew of his daughter’s love for her Papito
Husband, father, brother, uncle, friend
Master electrician, wine maker, beetle fixer, snow bird, ocean swimmer, gardener, joker, Sudoku player
Coffee & beer lover, fan of car racing & fast cars, golf and "Everybody Loves Raymond”
He was all those things and more
I did not know him
But he was my friend

Barry

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back