02/2008
Country
CA
State
Alberta
City
Hinton
Hello friends,

It is with deep sadness that I pass on this message that was posted on BethU's Facebook page last night

We lost Elizabeth Maltbie Uyehara on Sat Mar 6 2010.Her niece & friends were w/her for her brief hospital stay.They kept her company & saw her pass in a very peaceful way.Her husband, Paul is devastated without her. Family is staying close to help him cope & learn to live w/out her physical being.Beth was a loving, warm, vibrant, humorous & strong person.We will miss her, but her memory & spirit will be w/us forever.

This has left me sleepless and depressed and I know that we all have lost a great friend, a great wit and a woman of great wisdom. I shall miss her very much. :cry::cry::cry:

Barry

PS. this is a duplicate post from the "In Memorium" forum

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: BethU

impssoble to take in, impossible to be true
Love you so, Beth

Oh no! So sad to hear this terrible news. The forum is not the same without Beth.

Oh, Barry... thank you for letting us all know. I honestly never thought for a second that Beth wouldn't be back again with us. I'm very glad she was peaceful at the end, Barry. Her family and beloved husband will be in my prayers.

I saw Stu's post on FB last night. So very sad. Stupid disease.

I am deeply saddened by this news. I, too, thought that she would return to us soon. Beth was such an encouragement to me, an excellent writer and a very fine lady.

My thoughts and prayers go out to her family but especially to Paul.

Kim

Great loss. Beth was around since I joined the forum and I always admired her spirit, her judgement, her wit...Terrible news. I hope her husband gets the support that she would have wanted for him.

Oh my God. I cannot believe I'm reading this.

Kay Marie is not near a computer, but wanted me to post that she is "soul" sorry for the loss of Beth, but knows that Beth is celebrating and at peace and whole...We need to all hang on to that.

My heart aches for all of us who will not have her clever wit and kind compassionate voice in our world. I'm overwhelmed with sadness, but also so glad she is not suffering and is at Peace.

Godspeed, Beth

ALS is heartbreaking! I am so sad today! What a loss for the Forum family, ALS community, and the world.

I didnt know her well, but I have read through her posts and what a wonderful person she was! I hate that ALS has taken another person, it just stinks! I get so attached to everyone here who is battling this disease, it is just so heart wrenching to hear when someone has passed from it. What a loss.

Thanks Barry for posting this.

I am lost for words at hearing this news. It has certainly put a dampner on this day for me.

Peter

O what a terrible loss! Thanks Barry for letting us know.

My prayers are with Paul and the rest of the family.

-Tom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back