02/2008
Country
CA
State
Alberta
City
Hinton
Hello friends,

It is with deep sadness that I pass on this message that was posted on BethU's Facebook page last night

We lost Elizabeth Maltbie Uyehara on Sat Mar 6 2010.Her niece & friends were w/her for her brief hospital stay.They kept her company & saw her pass in a very peaceful way.Her husband, Paul is devastated without her. Family is staying close to help him cope & learn to live w/out her physical being.Beth was a loving, warm, vibrant, humorous & strong person.We will miss her, but her memory & spirit will be w/us forever.

This has left me sleepless and depressed and I know that we all have lost a great friend, a great wit and a woman of great wisdom. I shall miss her very much. :cry::cry::cry:

Barry

Last edited:
Barry,
This is a serious loss to the ALS community..our forum of friends..and the world. Although I never met Beth, her wit brought me laughter at much needed times. I am so sad today...and angry at this disease. I know anger is not productive....just need to work through this loss. Fondly, Kelly

I am at a loss for words. I woke up this morning thinking about Beth and worried that she was still not on line. I too feel a great loss. The world is a much poorer place without her. My thoughts are with her husband now.

I could not finish my first post.. My heart was tooo sad.. I had to leave the computer for a while. Beth was and is an example of how amazing this fine forum is.. From her first post she captivated our hearts and minds. She was a amazing friend to so many here..We were all blessed and our better for knowing her. We all feel a little bit smaller today, without our big Beth onboard.. She will forever be a part of our Forum Family... Good bye dear dear one.

such sad news

I really don't know what to say, this is such a great loss. My thoughts and prayers go out to her family. I hope they know how many lives she touched here.

Dana

I to am speechless and at a loss for words. I will continue to pray for her family, friends and all of us here. Beth was a wonderful person with so much knowledge and so willing to help anyone. Beth, YOU WILL BE MISSED. Sending blessings from PA. Josie

I am stunned. Beth was such a bright light on the forum--so pragmatic, kind, and always generous with her advice and support. She was having such a hard time over the last couple of months, and I guess God knew that it was time to take her home.
Laurel

I am very sad to here of Beth's passing. She was amazing and she had a great sense of humor. I looked forward to reading her blog. She will be missed.

Beth's voice on this forum was one that everyone wanted to hear. She was smart, witty (oh, that wonderful sharp wit) and at times provocative & challenging.
She made us think- about ourselves and others.

She will be greatly missed and always remembered.

I am deeply saddened by this news. I, too, thought that she would return to us soon. Beth was such an encouragement to me, an excellent writer and a very fine lady.

My thoughts and prayers go out to her family but especially to Paul.

Kim

I am overwhelmed right now... I can't believe we have lost Beth.

I 'm in such shock that I can't say much except my heart feels shattered. Beth was my hero. Every single one of her words was like a gift to me. I pray for Paul and I offer my deepest sympathies to all of you, my forum friends, we have lost a true friend, a gifted writer, a wise sage and a truly talented artist. There will never be another Elizabeth Uyehara.

Thank you, Beth for sharing your soaring spirit with us. You were truly loved.

glen told me this morning about beth passing. we both cryed over her .we are both going to miss reading her post.my heart goes out to paul and family member for there lost.

Not the news I wanted to hear. Great loss.

I have been here long enough to see when someones Mom , Dad , Sister , Brother , Friend passes on and send in our condolences.

This is different , Beth was like close family , she was one of us. This really hurts .

I wish the best for Paul and the rest of his family.

Glen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back