Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
US
State
Ohio
City
Fredericktown
I am new to this blogging thing, but i have to try something new. MY husband was diagnosed in may of 07. We started seeing symptoms in Jan of 07 and we just thought it was something minor. I atleast kept telling myself that...Once we went to see our family dr. he sent us straight to the #2 neurologist in the country, Dr. Sheri Hart at OSU medical center. Ryan was diagnosed within a day and it felt as tho our lives crumbled before our eyes. I felt like at 25 this couldn't be happening to us. Two beautiful kids and a wonderful marriage. Why? Why would God do something like this to us? Well, we started doing research and because this disease started in his hands he could no longer work. So, we had plenty of time to find out what we might be able to do to slow this thing down. We tried all organic, detoxing, vitamins, minerals, praying, many many annoytings, and anything we could think of. Really we tried it all. He kepy getting worse so we decided to go see this Dr. we heard about that was #1 in the US. So, off to Florida we went Aug 08, they didn't even do all the tests and had decided there was no doubt Ryan had ALS and they would not give a time frame to how much time he had left. Even though this was not new news to us it devistated me all over again. and Ryan was the rock as usual :) Over the next year we had encountered losing a friend to an accidental overdose, Ryan's father passing unexpetedaly, and many many people we knew passed before us that really put things into perspective for me. I did EVERYTHING for Ryan. I got him in and out of bed, bathed him, dressed him, fed him, when I say everything I did everything for him and I would do it all again to have him back. I would do more. This is by far the hardest thing I have ever experienced in my life and I wish I could have had a little more time with him....but God has his plan and tho I may never understand or agree with it, I will stand back and see where he takes me. Ryan passed away Sept 15, 2009 at 1:32a.m. due to aspirating pnuemonia.....

Thanks so much for sharing your story. I can feel the love you have for one another between the lines. I also know as a Christian it is so hard to understand. We all will have our questions answered one day, but it hurts so bad when you are in the middle of this in your life.
I wish I could give you a real hug, but please consider this one from the one that matters most.
Christian :: JesusgreetingInt.gif picture by ShakeyMarble - Photobucket

Please feel free to visit this thread:
https://www.alsforums.com/forum/people-als-pals/4711-christians-here-help-you-talk.html
If you go back to some of the earlier posts, you will find you are not alone in your battle and questions. I pray for peace and the love of God to be with you.

I am so sorry. :] It isn't easy this life or this journey. Welcome to our forum family. We are here to listen, support and to lift you up. How are your little ones? I too am giving you a hug. We do know your pain. Kay Marie

msmikal20,
I am so sorry for the loss of your husband. Thanks for sharing your journey with us. Your love for him is clear in your post. Please accept my condolences.

msm, my heart is breaking for you. May your dear husband rest in peace. This is indeed a cruel disease. I know exactly what you are going through, because I've been there with a young son too. It makes you wonder 'why'................ This is such a hard blow. I read your post, and it put tears in my eyes, because every time when i read about these Pals passing it takes me right back, and your story is so similar to mine. May God bless you dear. Take care of yourself. That is what my son used to tell me, "God does everything for a reason, and we have to respect that." No matter what...the "whys' are still floating in your head! Your dear husband is no longer suffering. Something like this will never ever leave your mind dear. You and family are in my prayers.

Irma

So sorry for your loss.

So sorry for the loss of Ryan,I know what you are going through too, i lost my son at 43 with cancer,it will be 7yrs on the 29th of this month,not a day goes by that I don't wish he was still here but I wouldn't want him to be here suffering like he was.Prayers for you & your family God Bless;
Sharon

I am sorry you lost your husband to ALS. Thank you for all of the care you gave him and for being there with him all of the way. He was blessed to have you!

Sorry for your loss, thank you for taking such good care of him.

My heart goes out to you. It seems that ALS is hitting more young adults than it used to...... Hugs to you. May your life take on a new journey, knowing he would want you to go on.

Thank you all for your wonderful words....I appriciate all the prayers:) I try and keep my head up. each day seemed to get easier until the "numbness" wore off and now I am a mess. God is helping me thru as well as the wonderful support group I have, but for some reason I felt I needed more. So here I am and I thank each one of you:) God Bless each and everyone of you.

dear msm, Sorry to hear of your loss. Your story was heart felt. It is so sad to hear what the loved ones go through after the passing of a dear loved one. I know i wish everyday that i could spare my husband and children and friends this grief. It is always a help to me to know that no longer is this person suffering and I know we will see them again. I also think thay are and stay close by for a very long time... Big Hugs to you today. L

Sorry for the loss of your husband Ryan.

AL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back