Reason
Lost a loved one
Country
CA
State
Ontario
City
Kanata
My dear Mom has regained the ability to move freely once again. As my five year old daughter has put it "Mamu is an angel now".

As our family gathered around the dinner table on Christmas Eve, having filled our plates and raised our glasses to Mom and her absence from the table, we received the phone call to say she was leaving us. We would not make it to her side in time ~ nor did she want that.

Mom's passing was on her own terms, knowing her whole family was gathered together as we are every year, surrounded by the love and support of each other to help us through. She had the wonderful caring people from hospice at her side, those whom had become dear friends to her in the past four months. We know in our hearts that it was exactly how she wanted it to be.

The last few days were a struggle for Mom and for us all as well. She endured the inability to communicate her needs for those two days finding the strength to hold on until Christmas Eve. This selfless act was how she lived her life and demonstrates what kind of a mother and teacher I had.

She lived her life as a kind, caring and thoughtful person. And still the last two and a half years with grace, courage and the most wonderful spirit. She lived so bravely and daily found the silver lining. Now she is at peace. I am so incredibly proud of her and hope I will do her proud in my life.

I have found strength and courage in the threads of this forum and from being privy to your experiences. Thank you for the support and thoughtfulness you have shown me directly and indirectly. May you all continue to gain love and strength from the friendship, connections and incredible support that this forum provides.

My thoughts and prayers will continue to be with you all.

Valerie,

Please accept condolences from my family to yours.

Godspeed Mamu.

Glen

Valerie, my condolences to you and your family. I am so glad that she was able to go on her own terms and time and that you were all together to celebrate her life.

Valerie, such a warm post! May your sweet mom rest in peace. If that is the way she wanted it, so be it.....we'll respect that. I would like for you, Valerie, and your entire family know that your family and your sweet angel of a mom are in our prayers! Blessings and a very comforting and peaceful New Year's! God bless! Mom...rest in peace! Mom just joined a band of angels!.......

Irma;-)

i love the way you look at her passing i hope to be as strong as you ...you and family are in my thoughts

Please accept my heartfelt condolences. Your Momma is an Angel and you are her Angel Girl! hugs, Kay Marie

Valerie,

Thanks for letting us know about your mom.

You wrote a beautiful tribute to her.

Kim

Valerie,

Thank you for sharing with us all. It takes great courage and grace to support the one you love in the way THEY need to be supported. You are an inspiration for those of us who need to love their PALS through their journey. I am so glad your mamu was able to be in control of the way she lived and left this life.

Peace,

My condolences to you and your family.

Your mamu sounds like such a caring and wonderful person, she will make an outstanding angel. I am so sorry for your loss and I echo what others have said; your strength and acceptance are truly inspiring.

Rosella

So sorry to hear of your loss. Please pass on my sympathies to your family.

I am so sorry for the loss of your Mom. My heart goes out to you and your family.
A Christmas angel to watch over you the whole year through.
Dana

My deepest sympathies to you & your family.

"... I hope I will do her proud..." It seems you have already done that- you are a loving, caring, compassionate daughter who saw the wisdom & strength in her.

What more could a mother ask for from her child?

Sorry for your loss Valerie.

AL.

So sorry to hear of the loss of your mom, My sympathies to you & your family.God Bless
Sharon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back