06/2007
Country
UK
State
London
City
London
hi everyone

as you know I dont post very often, but wanted to say hello at christmas and hope you are all ok. First christmas without dad is downright bizarre, keep expecting him just to walk in. the saddest thing for me is eeing mum on her own, she made a lovely christmas for us all, tree, cards, turkey etc, she is my hero. dad would have laughed at us shovelling ice off the path yesterday in our wellies!

I hope all our loved ones have watched down on us this christmas and are having their own MND free good time, wherever they are!

one thing I wanted to share. I have stopped remebering him being ill and skinny and silent, and I now remember him as he was, his voice and his laugh and his jokes, that really makes a difference.

big love to you all xxx

Hi froggy, great post! Good words so well put together, my friend! May your sweet Dad rest in peace, along with my 37 yr old (then) son that passed from this monster disease on 6-03-07. Yes, my first Christmas without him was very hard on me! I could not and did not get in the spirit! I have been placing Christmas cuties on his grave every year. He loved Christmas as many people do. Like you, I refuse to picture my son in my mind as an Als stricken person. I want to think of him as he was when he was healthy. I will keep you in my prayers, along with all my friends. May you have a grat New Year's. Have a drink on me! lol

God bless You All,
Irma:cool:

Irma, it's not that we refuse to picture them as having ALS. It's as time goes on your memories of them change back to seeing them in your mind as they were before they were ill.

Thanks for the uplifting thoughts. I am still struggling a bit. I have both memories right now as it is still so fresh.

I got in trouble with family and friends right before my moms service last week because I did not have any decorations out. I just wasn't in the mood. But they shamed me enough that I got some of my quilty stuff out and brought some spirit in the house. I even mustered the energy to drive to Santa Fe, even though I have been sick, to get gift baskets for everyone (though I missed Christmas dinner due to being sick). I promise next year I am going to go all out and celebrate with high spirits in the memory of my mom. I will not let this be a bad time of year. It will be an extra special time to not only remember Christmas but all the good that my mom was.

May all our loved pals that are gone rest in peace.

Hi all!

I say yes and amen to all the posts being our first Christmas without our loves. And YES, I am among those that only see him well and healthy, not a diseased body as when he left this earth. My belief is that he is restored to a new body and can use those arms and hands now and breath all on his own. Thats my YES and AMEN!

Well, we got through it. Now I need to get through his 60th birthday is January 1st.

He was a New Year's baby, per say.

So Happy New Year to all and may God be with us all!

Love
Patty

p.s. kisses to you Irma! :razz:

Thanks for sharing all the stories with us. It really means a lot. I want my children ,husband, friends to remember me well and alive and busy knitting and making bears....Hugs to all that have lost a love one this past year. Linda

Wow. I can't decide if Im actually ready for this site or not. I just signed up for it, randomly and impulsively like I do...with a lot of things. ha ha. your post is one of the first ones Ive read, and your story is just like mine...only Im far too emotional. I swear, my Mom MADE the holidays complete! She died almost 2 years ago at the end of this month...and to say I am heartbroken would be an understatement. I hear you that it is difficult to see your mom without your dad. My dad has struggled, to say the least, since her death. It is rough seeing him dealing with such deep loss and depression.
I will say that this year was a little less painful that last year. My heart aced a little less and I just reallly miss her. More wonderful memories come back to me and I relish in them constantly.
God Bless and take care...it's got to get easier right?!?!?!
Lorraine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back