Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
PA
City
Harrisburg
I have only been on this site for about a month. My mother was diagnosed 3 weeks ago after a 14 month search for what her diagnosis was. This monster took her life, but we know that she was looking for ward to heaven and being with Jesus. We had prayed that the end would be kind and it was. She was not in any pain. She was 76 years old.
We are thankful she went quietly into the night laying in bed next to her husband. He has taken care of her 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for the last couple months. I think that he has shown what real love and devotion looks like. He cared for her. He loved her. He kept her dignity.
Now we are happy she is free of this monster ALS but so sad for the loving mother and friend. She showed me so many things in life. How to love and be loved. How to be courageous and compassionate and caring. Up until the end when she could raise an eyebrow or smile (it literally lit up a room) she was encouraging my daughter and praising her. What a blessing to know and have a mother like this.
To all you PALS, my heart and prayers go out to you on this difficult journey. My Aunt died of ALS so I don't know if I will be on this journey some day or not. To you CALS, hang in there. The love and care you give will be a wonderful lesson to your children and the people that are around you and a gift that has so much value to the person you care for. My heart is broken but it is full. Full of memories of a great childhood and full of love for my Mom's husband and full of hope for the friends and family that surround us.
I kept a journal on caringbridge.org/jackie herr. I recommend you set one up to keep the loved ones in your lives when it is too hard to do it yourself. Thank you all for being here. You have meant a lot to me. I hope to be able to give back when my heart is healed.

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Please give your family my condolences.

I am very sorry about your mom but am glad that she was surrounded by love at the end. My condolences to you and your family.

i to am so sorry , i glad you were so proud of her and she must have instilled it into you because i can feel the love you have for her...take care

Sorry about the loss of your mom. Please accept my condolences.

Please accept condolences from my family to yours.
Glen

I am so sorry for your loss.
You described your mother so lovingly.
Please accept my condolences.
Dana

I'm so sorry to hear of the loss of your mom. Please give my sympathies to your family.

Thank you for the lovely tribute to your mother and thank you for all of the care you gave her during the illness. Please accept my condolences at the loss of your mother.

Kim

I am sorry for your loss

AL.

Your mother sounds like she was a truly wonderful mom. I am so sorry for you loss. Please accept my deepest sympathies to you and your family.

May you have many happy memorys.Peace be with you.

The love between you and your Momma just shines out from the words that you wrote! She will never be far from you or your daughter. You are her living tribute! hugs, Kay Marie

My Dad emailed this to me the morning of my Mom's funeral. I think it says it all!

I stand on the shore.
My proud, stately and beautiful ship by my side.
We look out over the sea, across the wide spance of places to go, adventures to enjoy.
And one day she heads out on her own, heading toward the setting sun on the horrizon.
And I stand on the shore watching her vanish from my sight.
The crowd surrounding me says "There she goes". Out of my sight, but not from my heart.
But the best part is the crowd on the other side is watching and waiting, as someone shouts
"Here she comes".
Let the celebration begin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back