How long is life extended in mice using new cocktail ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stella

These three medications cocktail given to model mice with ALS cannot extend their lives longer than a few months. These three medications are too simple for a human being to be cured. These three medications will not extend a human's life more than a few months. I am not a medical professional, but I studied some medications and what are needed in the body of a person with ALS.

No one is sure what causes ALS, yet there must be a cure out there somewhere. The necessary medications when searched for in more scientific studies, will be found to cure and prevent ALS.

Hope is a powerful word ! It is one of the ways to feel calm. There is a Supernatural Being who might be leading Scientists right now to a cure. A cure so soon, some of us will believe it is a miracle ! My family helps me in every way they can. May the Good Lord forever guide them and me and all others needing His mercy and His staff.

Thank you

Stella ( My login name )
I was diagnosed in March 2003
In St. John's Health Sciences Center
Dr. Atilla informed me that I have ALS.

Drug Cocktail

Think you are right Stella. My ALS clinic informed me that much like mynocycline these items have not been thoroughly tested and have draw backs. They also said "if you decide to use these items come to us and we will prescribe them". I am currently taking Rizuole which I have taken since September 2001. I do not walk nor do my arms function well however I have no Bulbar effects yet and some days (when it is cloudy) still spend 6 or more hours on the computer. Something is working!

Thanks, mannco74

I eat and talk like a baby, lol. This is where als started with me. The remainer of my body is ok, thank God. I have been told that 20% of people who have ALS, began with the tongue. Some thought I had a stroke. I went into denial, ( that was Oct. 2002 ) To shorten this info, after several tests, the neurologist told me I had ALS. That was March 2003. After I had been home two weeks or so, I fell into the worst depression of my life. Antidepressants and Ativan I am trying. Another three weeks, at least, before the antidepressants fully work.

The cure is somewhere and it is long overdue. God help us.

Stella
NF, Canada

Depression

Hi Stella,

Depression is your worst enemy and the anti-depressants have worked for me. The change is not really noticeable by me until I look back at my old journals and see the change happening. The change was certainly noticed by my family as I decided to stop taking them once thinking I was over it. I was not! Do you have any voice synthesiser connection or support. I was able to be involved in the new ALS commecials and used one in the commercial. It was an old unit and did not work very well but it did work. Oh ya, My name is Chris :D

Hi Chris :)
Thank you for both informations and I am glad your pills worked for you. The other, the voice synthesiser, I have not heard enough about, before. What does it look like and how does it work, Chris ?

As my words got more slurred, I began crying again because now I have to write more and mummble less.

May the Good Shepherd guide you, your family and all others who help you and your family, forever. God bless all
Stella
NF & Labrador, Canada

Voice Synthesizer

Hi Stella,

The voice synthesizer is a small keyboard which compiles the words you type and then says the sentence. You may have seen Steven Hawking the English physist using a real high teck one. Your ALS Society may have one to give you. That is why the ALS runs are so important. My typing is getting worse so they are bringing me out an "eye mouse" next week. Something which allows me to use my eyes to operate the mouse. Oh ya there is also the low tech "speaking board" which is simply a board containing letters, words and a few phrases which works well with family (cause you are not so embarassed). Please forgive my spelling.

I will say a few Hail Mary's for ya they seem to work also

Chris

Best get to know one another

Hello Stella,

Looks like we are here alone so should get to know each other so here goes. I am a 53 year old Married man with 5 daughters and that is a lucky thing for me.

Here is my story I worked as an Aircraft Services Instructor with Air Canada and oddly enough St. John's was where my tripping began to be more noticeable to me. (I was doing a safety audit at the airport) My progression seems to be quite slow to me. The slow progression I attribute to serendipidy. I did not drink for 15 years but decided there would not be much harm in it even though most people say to avoid alchohal. I also started to smoke (not tobacco) and this seems to allow me to feel like eating once a day at least. (only do it at night same as beer) I have also been diagnosed as a type 2 diabetic so must have protien with my beer :D I am asthmatic with genetic high chloresteral and blood pressure. Having said all that, I am still in pretty good shape when we gather at the clinic. I have my family here with the exceptions of one daughter in Denver and one in a Fransciscan convent in Illinois. They support me and care for me. I am a Catholic however being Irish it is sort of on my own terms. That is me. How about you?

Chris, Voice Synthesiser

Hi and thanks Chris for these infos, interests your family
Good info on voice synthesiser and now eye mouse will be new to you. I will talk with my family about the speakingboard's sounds. Thanks for the Hail Marys and I will anclude you and your family when I silently pray for all during Church Masses which I tape.
You've a daughter in the convent and I now see your picture which shows you as strong.
I am a Roman Catholic and mom has the Irish gene. I don't believe I deserve ALS.I am adapting slowly and my family and I are supporting each other, thank God..My medications are beginning to help me. I spend hrs each day , evening at my computer reading non- fiction, the outdoors and some others

Thanks again Chris
Stella
NF & Labrador
God guide the whole world always :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back