Diagnosis
04/2008
Country
AUS
State
South Australia
City
Adelaide
Just wondering how many carers have noticed loved ones feeling extra sensitive to the cold ,even early on in these illnesses?Ed feels it terribly, even though still on the move and no matter how many layers he has on, still feels cold ,but can seem quite sweaty at same time.Cant seem to get his thermostat sorted, so to speak!:?:

I was wondering that too. Jim seems to be more sensitive - especially in the pool, etc. I noticed a lot of the people at the ALS walk had on sweatshirts and blankets despite the nice sunny weather.

I notice the cold since diagnosed I used to be the warm one always opening windows, now it is close the window please, pass the blanket and a hot drink. Then I am to warm.LOL

you can have doctor check thyroid level's as low fuction (hypo) will cause you to be cold and it can also affect mucles so i think all people with als should have this check won't cure and if it is off it may help a little if replacement therpy is needed...also another condition but, it only affect's hand's and feet that are cold and you can feel the freezing is ..raynaud's.. i would talk to doctor and ask for them to check for them.best of luck

I feel the cold terribly! There are more links at the bottom of this page.
In the middle of summer I have blankets on! LOL
(I am on thyroid medication so that is not it)

is your tsh level under 2 ? i know the range is wider up to 5.5 but most of us thyroid paitent's still have many sympton's over 3just something you can check out on fourm's i go to about and there i found out a lot about thyroid... just something for you to check out if you want

My TSH is close to 1. I had to fight with my doctor to get it there.

My TSH was 132 when I first went to a doctor and he could not believe I was able to walk into his office.

I find even the slightest breeze just sucks the warmth out of me.

AL.

very good joelc , best place to have it .... endo called my son 2 weeks ago to tell him his numbers are off the chart ,i have been after him for 2 yrs to take his med but , he thought he could do without them, he called me the other day and said i am starting to feel good and i thought to myself told you a long time ago to take them and underneith i wonder if it had something to do with the start of this but, probley not..... glad you know how to fight for your thyroid health ,most people just believe what the doctor's say about the number's

p.s.---my name means
t-thyroid
d-diease

a
mess========tdamess

You know, there isn't hardly a day goes by that we don't get new members. Some use their names but some use short forms and other names. I always wonder what the different ones mean. Yours is solved tdamess. Thanks.

AL.

Hi , I feel the cold a lot , and often have cold hands . My carer always complains that she's too hot , and yet I have the gas fire on half to warm me up . Same with my son , as soon as he visits he says the lounge room is too hot . I remind them though that they are fitter and are moving around more , so producing heat for their body . x

OH yes, I feel the cold. My arms and legs are always cold to the touch.

Every once in a while , I will have some spicy food , with lots of cayenne pepper on it and that will warm me up. The side effects of burn twice and sbd's keep me from eating it more often.

Glen

Joel,

Did I read that correct your TSH was 132. Was this before your symptoms started with ALS?

Joel,

Did I read that correct your TSH was 132. Was this before your symptoms started with ALS?

Yes, that was in 2000. I was diagnosed with ALS in 2005.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back