Diagnosis
06/2008
Country
US
State
NM
City
Rio Rancho
Does anyone have experience with the Vita Mix blenders? Lynn needs to get one to blend up her liquid diet. We are borrowing our neighbor's model 5200 and it is extremely powerful but also expensive. Ebay has several older models (3600) that are much less expensive. I wonder if anyone has used these and if they still do the trick?

From what I understand from people who have them they work well. I have a new one so hopefully someone who has one of those models will respond.

There's a refurb 5200 on my local Craig's List. Want me to ship it to you :)

How much are they asking for it?

Thanks for trying. There is also one in the Albuquerque CL and I emailed them. So we will see what happens.

I have a Vitamix that is 13 years old and I LOVE it! I haven't had to use it for hubby yet.

We have a VitaMix 5200 and we love it....I have heard such positive things about all of the VitaMix blenders. They are well worth the expense~

Thanks, we bought one used on Ebay that wore out in two weeks. The seller was kind enough to give us a refund. We then bought one online from Vitamix (5200) and it has been a godsend. The company discounts it for ALS patients and we are very happy with it.

How do you get the discount. My sister has an older model and swears by it. She could be there spokes person!

My father , be he ever so frugal (he can make paper money squeek) , called the Vita Mix people , and finding that the difference between the 4500 and the 5200 was just some different speeds , bought the 4500. It only has two speeds , HIGH and LOW. It works great.

I am making some smoothies today .

Glen

Glen-

How were the smoothies?

p.s. belated Happy Anniversary to you & Wanda! (or, is it St. Wanda?)

My sister-in-law just purchased a Vitamix 5200 at Costco for just under $400.
She said they usually sell out quickly when they get them in the store.

I would think this time of year you would see promotions like this at these "big box stores"; so for anyone near a Costco be on the look-out if you are in the market for this blender!

sorry for my ignorance, but what is special about a vitamix blender compared to other blenders and why is the price so high? I am thinking of buying one for my mother who will have a peg soon.

The Vita-Mix blender is the only one that liquefies food well enough for it to be used in a PEG. It is bullet proof. It will liquefy anything, even a steak. A cheap blender will not do this and it will not last. A cheap blender will not blend food fine enough to use in a PEG.

Status
Not open for further replies.