Diagnosis
04/2015
Country
US
State
PA - Pennsylvania
City
Harrisburg
My name is Pete. Recently diagnosed with PBP and PBA. Took several months to get that diagnosis. While it wasn't the best news it is better to know than not.

Looking forward to meeting group members and getting to know them better.

Welcome Pete, there is a lot of support here. Hoping you have plenty of support around you also. I'm still waiting for final diagnosis, so I'm hearing you. Not knowing creates so much inner torment.
I look forward to encouraging you on your journey.
God bless, Janelle x

I have to be honest Pete...I don't know what PBP PBA are... but welcome to this family of compassionate and informative people.

Hi Pete. Welcome but sorry. Feel free to post and participate on the other subforums as seems appropriate to you. This subforum is not too busy as you see

>Welcome Pete

Attachments

• download (1).jpg
    download (1).jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 281
I have to be honest Pete...I don't know what PBP PBA are... but welcome to this family of compassionate and informative people.
PBP pseudobulbar palsy = motor neuron disease

PBP pseudobulbar affect - uncontrolled laughing and crying a real pain, on TV advertised by Danny Glover

Welcome Pete, there is a lot of support here. Hoping you have plenty of support around you also. I'm still waiting for final diagnosis, so I'm hearing you. Not knowing creates so much inner torment.
I look forward to encouraging you on your journey.
God bless, Janelle x
Thank you Janelle. Good to have you along for the journey.

Hi Pete. Welcome but sorry. Feel free to post and participate on the other subforums as seems appropriate to you. This subforum is not too busy as you see
Nikki, thanks for the advice. I picked this forum because it was about the disorder I have. Seems as though the disorder is uncommon. Good to met you as it were.

>I see you all over Max, good to make your acquaintance

:) well sheesh!

I'm always a little confused as to the real difference between PBP and Bulbar onset ALS.

Welcome, though I'm sorry you have to be here. As Nikki says, just join in with any conversation up the top as they will often apply to you.

My husband had bulbar onset and certainly the PBA was one of his early symptoms even before the slurring and water swallowing issues.

I'm always a little confused as to the real difference between PBP and Bulbar onset ALS.

Welcome, though I'm sorry you have to be here. As Nikki says, just join in with any conversation up the top as they will often apply to you.

My husband had bulbar onset and certainly the PBA was one of his early symptoms even before the slurring and water swallowing issues.

Tillie
I'm confused now too. Does the P in PBP mean progressive or pseudo? Both have appeared on my reports prior to a few weeks ago. I am told the the disease could progress into ALS.

Normally it is Progressive Bulbar Palsy and Pseudo-bulbar Affect

The PBA is common in PALS, particularly when they have bulbar involvement.

Welcome Pete,
I too have PBA & PBP. It has been since December 2013 since my symptoms started.
Are you taking Nudexta? It has really helped me stay sane through this past 2 months.
KatB

Welcome, Pete. As Nikki said, we don't discriminate...glad to have you join the conversations!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back