Reason
PALS
Country
UK
State
Surrey
City
Guildford
Been trying to find answers on websites but none seem specific and all have generic answers, so I was hoping maybe somone with experience could help.

I am just trying to see if the sypmtoms I have can be attributed to PBP or discounted straight away and let me relax.

2 weeks ago I noticed I had trouble swallowing, my adam's apple felt tender and the muscles either side were sore. I swallowed ok I guess maybe thinking about it made it worse, but it would feel like something would get stuck just below the adam's apple. My speech has been fine, nothing noticed there, and likewise I can chew with no problems. But as I said this has been only happening for two weeks.

Yesterday I noticed the patch directly above my Adam's apple is very numb, not totally but it takes a lot of pressure from any object to feel something.

So after reading what I have on various websites, if I have pain or numbness that is a good sign as no sensory changes should be experienced? I just need some experienced answer.

Thank you for reading.

Hi DJ- have you seen a regular GP? We're not doctors but i have heard of a couple of conditions that might explain this. Some of them are quite treatable and not nearly as bad as MND. If you haven't seen a doc, please go. Your thyroid or something may need attention. Good luck and let us know how it goes! Cindy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back