Not open for further replies.

Sammantha

Country
Uni
State
NC
City
Newport
Hey everyone, its late and i want to share one of my biggest fears... Sleeping more upright helped with my breathing and heart rate very well.. but recently i have been catching all sorts of colds from the clinic i work in. When my nose is stuffed i can only breathe through one nostril since i cannot breathe through my mouth what so ever. Do you all have stridor too? Anyways i panick about getting sick even though it is inevitable, who knew one day a nasty cold would be my biggest fear, sam

Cookie test coming up on the 19th, ever had a swallowing cookie test?

You are not alone in your concern about a cold. You have lots of company.

I know a lot of people do not believe in herbal treatments but I swear by them in certain situations, this being one. Having said that, there are different qualities that affect their effectiveness. What I am going to share is by far the best I have found and have used their products for many years with absolute success. I have been using their "Cold and Flu shot" and have not been sick since doing that, I have also, recently, started to use their "Superfood" again.

https://web0.herbdoc.com/index.php?&c=1

Attachments

• cold flu (3).jpg
    cold flu (3).jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 400
  • SuperFood (3).jpg
    SuperFood (3).jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 2,272
  • cold flu Info (2).jpg
    cold flu Info (2).jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 475
Have your 3/4 cup of orange or grapefruit juice each day. Drink plenty of water. Gargle with warm salt water once a day. Reduce the chances of picking up germs by not touching doorknobs and faucets etc. without covering on your hands. (We use our backs or elbows to open doors.) I never wash my hands in public places, and try to avoid public bathrooms.
Wash your hands after handling money. Keep your hands away from your nose and mouth. Maintain a nutritious diet. We haven't had a cold between us in oh, say 2 to 4 years. If we did get one, it would be very mild... like 2 days. It's the simple basics that work, like in the "old" days.

Thanks for all the advice.... Right now I work in a military health clinic and they are way less sanitary just because most of the workers are 20 yr old guys. I used to get sick a lot more often when i worked with kids! So all these things should really help, thanks

Joel, do you take the super food plus powder? i looked at it on the link you posted, but it doesnt really say a whole lot.
is this just extra- like a vitamin. or is it considered actual nutrition?

I take the powder.It can be used as a meal replacement so it is very nutritional.

I'm told the common cold (rhino virus) enters via the eye 90% of the time.. So one key to avoiding it , is not to rub your eyes..
That being said I currently have a brutal cold.. :-(

We have found that when we have a cold, there are products on the market that are safe and sure and can be used as often as you need.
Look in the baby section of your stores for nasal saline solutions that are in a spray can... with a nozzle that goes up your nose a little. Of course you would want one exclusively for each member of the family, but these are VALUABLE when you have a cold. Rick doesn't get a cold very often, but when he has any kind of nasal congestion at a time then he needs his nose cleared to use the BIPAP, he uses this spray and it clears his nose. He keeps it alongside for the duration of the cold. Because these are used for babies, they are completely safe and contain no chemicals or steroids etc. They are wonderful for a caregiver to give to the patient also. If you spray enough, it also helps your throat. We don't like the homemade kinds that are put in a bottle that sprays a flow that makes you choke. These gentle sprays are a fine spray that you hardly even feel.... you only feel comfort.

I was just @ my als clinic and they asked me if I wanted a bipap machine.. Being that I just recently got over a very stuffy cold it got me to thinking ... Wouldn't the bipap push the crap back into ones lungs?
I was waking up choking as it was..

Polar, Im not sure what the answer to your question is, but I do know that after my PALS has a cold or has pneumonia, we are always instructed to change all of his tubing for his ventilator so he doesnt get reinfected.
Im not familiar with Bipaps, but i would think it should at least be steralized or something along those lines.

My hubby has used his Bipap for a few years. He can't even nap without it or he won't breathe. For sure he needs to have his nose clear to use it, and if he had a cold he would take a decongestant before sleeping, and does fine. The Bipap actually seems to clear his congestion at those times. And I think you can overdo it with worrying that the Bipap entraps germs. We hardly (hate to admit it) ever wash the mask and hose. He and his Bipap do great! It's as part of the furniture as the bed... and we hardly even think about it. He goes past a year without needing any new tubing and has only had two masks since he started.... that was because he wanted to try another kind. Please don't consider that the Bipap interferes..... but is an invaluable help.

I never really worried about germs as it seems to me that one can not infect oneself with the same cold you just recovered from.. (I may be wrong) It was just the thought of having positive pressure that may force all the phlem back into the lungs.. Thanks for the input..

I remember once my husband said to me dont eat that piece of fruit it might make you sick...We both had to laugh out loud, after this what can it do? We both had to laugh..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back