Reason
Loved one DX
Country
UK
State
essex
City
wickford
hello all my mum in-law has PBP and has lost her speech, she is under a consultant and has just had a peg fitted!
my question is she constantly lets out this GROAN (for want of a better word) and its driving my dad in-law crazy ,he thinks shes doing it for attention iv told him that i dont think she can help or control it. is it symptom of PBP for sufferers to groan uncontrolably?
she has a Light-writer on loan from MND socc, and uses this to comunicate so i dont beleive she is moaning for attention.

thanks in advance Marc.

i dont have a pbp n i still groan n make all sorts of noises but not for attention just happens.

Now that you mention it, I realise my mum groans too. I have sometimes wondered if this is her trying to form a word. I asked her once if it was to hear sound. She indicated yes but honestly I don't think she has much if any control over it. I imagine constant groaning is hard to be with but I doubt it will be to attract attention .....sure there's a bell on the lightwriter for that!

Here's hoping your dad in law will acclimatise.
All the best

My husband groans ALL OF THE TIME. I know it's not for attention. I don't think he can really help it. It embarrasses him.

My mom also does this, when she is awake and asleep both, this is something she cannot control,

thank you all for your replies !

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back