Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
KY
City
Louisville
What emg findings would one expect with progress bulbar palsy? What other methods are used to make diagnosis of PBP?

Recent diagnosis of family member concerns me with long family history of dystonia, MG, and non-diagnosed speech impairment? For the most part family members had long life spans.

How is PBP different from ALS?

Hi Victoria. I don't know the answers to your questions, but just wanted you to know we aren't ignoring you. Others with the answers will jump in soon.
Laurel

I'm still struggling with the idea of what my love one is facing. I am part of the medical field and I think maybe that makes it worse. As a caregiver you want to be able to "fix" the problem. What I am learning from reading all the posts is that there is a wonderful world of caring people out there facing the unimaginable with hope, dignity, and love from family and friends. We are not alone in our journey which is comforting.

Thanks for the quick note. When I posted my questions I was still clinging to denial. I am starting to accept the reality of the diagnosis and my only goal is to support my aunt's emotional needs and to be there for her even though we are many miles apart.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back