Reason
Friend was DX
Country
NZ
State
south Island
City
Hokitika
Hi to all, could anyone help with information on balbar palsey my friend has been diagnosed today and I have spent the night on the web and I can't get my head around how if he aparently has this, that until last week he had no symptoms.

He sliced his hand open done some nerve damage ended up in hospital on antibiotics for a bad infection then he lost feeling in his hand. He came home, and on the way home he fell asleep and when awoke had lost speech and movement though he is now starting to regain some speech, I just myself can't find how he can have such progressive symptoms in such a short time frame, but they have done tests a MRI, spinal tap and half a million others. I just want to understand all this before him and his family come home so that I can explain to others so that there can be help rather than a million questions that they probably don't understand the answers to either.

i, once again, deleted my post because it was inaccurate. i stand corrected.

Last edited:
PBP - Progressive Bulbar Palsy

Joel- what in the world would we do without you? youve just taught me something new, again. Thanks for being so smart...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back