Diagnosis
04/2008
Country
AUS
State
South Australia
City
Adelaide
Hi all, gee Ive been absent for a lot longer than I realised!Thats not to say not a lot has been going on!
Ed s latest appt. with the neurologist had a surprising turn around and I m hoping some one can spread some light re this.
He is amazed that Eds symptoms remain mainly in the upper area, that is,speech now very poor, swallowing and some balance and breathlessness. Ed has some limb ?fascillations ? spelling ? and a great deal of jaw pain and spasms.
The neurologist has booked a nerve stimulation test, we had expected this earlier, and did some blood tests.!
Surprise not a good one his blood picture showed evidence of CEA indication of tumour growth some where. Previous MRI etc prior to diagnoses in July 2009, ruled out brain tumour etc. so now ,as there is a familial history of bowel cancer he wishes to pursue this search.Apparently,in rare cases,cancer can present with psuedo bulbar palsy symptoms.
Of course this opens a new area of fear /concern.
However Ed says his GP indicated that IF it is cancer and IF it is treated successfully, his PBP symptoms could ? revert. His symptoms seem so far advanced in this area I cant see this happening,not wanting to be pessimistic but looking at reality.I havent put a dampener on Ed s hopes, just going with the flow til appt next week with gastro enterologist.
As you see, we are in a quandry!
Does anyone have any knowledge in this area and /or know of similar cases?
Any input would be wonderful to have.
Take care all of you and thank you for wading through my lengthy note!
Cheers,Anastasia. PS. Neurologist had previously diagnosed MND and feels symptoms have been present for minimum of 2 years.:roll:

Anastasia,
I am not sure what to think. I know cancer can come in many different faces and names. I am hoping it is something treatable I know how long and laborious this journey can be. I will hope for the best possible outcome. Please keep in touch with us, we are all hoping for you guys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back