Diagnosis
09/2009
Country
UK
State
Nottinghamshire
City
Nottingham
Has anyone had eyesight problems with p.b.p? My husband's eye sight is getting worse and today it was very bad.
Cherry.

My mom was told it should not affect her eyesight, but she had a lot of trouble with her vision soon after diagnosis. We visited an eye doctor who prescribed her stronger reading glasses. She did have some irritations to them due to improper cleansing which was due to her not liking water in her face when I gave her a shower so we began regular cleansing of them and eye drops.

I have had continued problems with my vision since my bulbar symptoms began. I have double vision (which makes it hard to use my peg sometimes, as I pour the supplement in the wrong one!), and endlessly worsening sight. The neuros basically just change the subject when I bring it up. It's not "supposed" to be a part of all this.

No, diminishing eyesight is not supposed to be an ALS symptom. But I have heard a way to many people mention it for it not to be. I am convinced, in a certain percentage, that it is a symptom.

My eyesight has really gotten bad since I have been sick. I agree with Joel, I think it is a part of this for a certain percentage of us.

I'm getting an eyetest the 24th. I think mine are worse but then diabetes raised it's ugly head in April. I'll have an idea by then.

AL.

Thanks for your replies. It may just be a coincidence that his eyesight is worse at this time or another symptom of A.L.S., after all the 'powers that be' don't know everything! Hubby isn't old, 58, but not a youngster either, so it could be due to getting older.

Best to all, Cherry.

Wow, Al. I didn't know you have developed diabetes. You must be an iron man to handle all this. Hang in there.

Thanks Beth. Just type 2 so on 4 pills per day. Didn't want to make a fuss about it. Just another bump in the road.

AL.

Our ED has had two bleeds detected bilateral eyes since diagnoses and they are APPARENTLY not associated !
Makes you wonder though. He doesnt have hypertension so thats not a contributor.
We all have so many questions and spend a lot of time wondering ,dont we?
Take care all, ANASTASIA.

My eyesight has gotten a bit worse but it may just be age. Then again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back