06/2009
Country
US
State
Pa.
City
Beaver Falls
Hi everyone-

I recieved my Bipap/Avap machine last week. The masks are kind of a pain, you look like you are about to go scuba diving! Anyway, I feel much better during the day... and if i get short of breath I will use it while watching TV or just relaxing. My cough assits comes tomorrow.

My pulmonary doctor believes my PLS has changed to ALS. I go to the neurologist the beginning of November. Then have an appointment at the ALS clinic in Pittsburgh the week after... I just would like to get the proper diagnoses. My SSDI got turned down, so I have to appeal it soon. I know that if the neurologist agrees with the pulmonary doctor I can automatically get benefits. So, I am just waiting for the right diagnoses>>>

Does anyone have trouble with stomach distention, i feel like I am 6 months pregnant?
I am still mobile and moving around, it seems like my chest muscles, throat muscle have
been affected most. Stomach muscle weaken too? This disease bites!

Lora

No Fear-Just Faith!

Lora, my tummy has distention also and I am still mobile and move around a fair amount,I think it is weak muscles,I have mentioned it at clinic but no real answer, above the waist feels bloated at times and they think I might be swallowing air from the bipap.Maybe somebody on the forum knows the answer. Hope you get your diagnosed soon.

Hello. We were told that stomach distention with gas is a sign that the Bipap isn't working exactly right. The mask might be offset or the connections not right or the settings for you. The dr said that you will fill with air and be jet propelled in the morning to let it out.

My PALS has a little morning gas but is told he and the bipap are excellent partners. His stomach has an appearance of being large here and there.... comes and goes. Is even obvious sometimes.

Thank you Majorie, I will find out if this is the case when I go to have my bipap checked this week.

Thanks for you information i newly join and your post help me.

Hi Lora,

My husband is on bipap continuously. He says that he has stomach bloating also and tries to have some softdrink before putting the mask back on after having something to eat. The softdrink helps him burp. If he can burp then he feels he has more room in the stomach.

Thanks
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back