Diagnosis
09/2006
Country
ca
State
ontario
City
hamilton
Hello I am looking into maybe taking a vacation after Christmas with my husband who is in a wheelchair and our two children (14/17).

I have researched accessible spots for past vacations but no where hot in the Carribean.

I am hoping someone has been someone and can reccomend some where. Requirements are of course wheelchair accessible and washroom needs roll in shower with cushioned bench (this is a must!)

Anyone have any suggestions.

Marna You need to get in touch with the Hotel you'll be staying at to discuss this isssue ,Keep in mind now anywhere warm at Christmas is going to be crowded . You might look into St. Pete Beach Florida . Then you can come over to Apollo Beach Fl. and see the Manatee at TECO Plant . They like to have their Babies there and hang out for the winter . Warm Water from the Power Plant .St. Pete Beach is nice in winter . Geo

Geo, Oh I love the manitee, that is a great idea. I have a fourteen year old son, we just went to Maine for vacation, just wonderful. Like Geo said find out about the resort and such, and go from there. I love Florida in the winter, oh that sound's awesome. We went on a cruise shortly after I was diagnosed. It was awesome, we had a large suite, sometimes being handicapped has it's pluses. My 14 year old loved it, we went during school in January just enough children for fun, but not enough to get lost. Hope this helped.

They are awesome to watch ,the Calfs stay by Momma . lots of them to see .the veiwing area is handicap accessible , but its aways out so take the wheelchair and camera . Its at the TECO(Tampa Electric Company ) Power Plant so hard to miss (stacks up in the air ) this is only a few miles from my home
so we take alot of folks there in winter, they arent there much in summer . Also sometimes you'll see Dolphin in there ,its busy on weekends so go during the week but call first . Go online and look up Manatee veiwing area at TECO. Geo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back