Diagnosis
12/2001
Country
US
State
Florida
City
Ruskin
When we have a disease that we dont cure , we have new Mutations added to them .
This is why we have New variants of Staff in Hospitals ,we never found the real cause to begin with . All the money in the world and rescources . and we seem to just Spin our heads . When we find out how Viruses affect us, we will have our Cures . But one has to ask ? why we dont mention Viruses Much in Medicine . The reason is no one wants to attack the Isssue . Welcome any Comments . Lets Haggle this one out . Geo

hi geo,i'll jump in on this topic.

once upon a time doctors used to blame a virus on everything.

"doctor i have a rash" (doctor) " oh its just a virus"
" doctor i can't move my leg" (doctor) "oh its just a virus"
"doctor my toes dropped off" (doctor) "oh its just a virus"
yeh whatever!:roll:

as for mutations theres something strange going on especially with the bird flu then swine flu. is this called zoonosis?
these started off as animal viruses and mutated to infect a human,then mutated again so they could spread among humans and probably mutated again.
i honestly think its scarey,they are like microscopic living aliens.:eek:

what animal flu virus is going to mutate next? cat flu?:shock:...................if so i'm buggered living with two cats.

they may one day cure cancer or mnd's ..........but viruses,i think they are fighting a loosing battle. they are too intelligent and crafty.:D

Well, cat flu! I'm doomed if that perks up as well as we have 2 cats. At least I think they are both cats. One of them looks more like a furry pig.

I'm giving blood for more scientific, medical research on Friday. I doubt my blood is going to bring clarity to anything at this point.

I think it would be wonderful if someone bending over a microscope right now would come int an "AHA!" moment and gain new insight into the world of MND.

Beth, I hope your cats don't catch any infectious cooties!

Zaphoon

Well Caroline ,to start off , a virus is what ? Its a Capsid and inside the capsid( a shell ) is DNA or RNA once it opens it spreads its DNA or RNA to whatever it is in ,in order to make more copies of itself ,in doing so it becomes a part of what it is in (like numan or animal) I presume youve had a PAP smear ? PAP is short for Papiloma ,the Virus is Human Papiloma Virus . Now we all know what Cervical Cancer is . Right ? The List goes on and on . You can close your eyes if you wish and say its not there ,if thats what suits your fancy. Viruses are everywhere and Trillions of them . They Transcribe their DNA or RNA into your Body which is now part of you . This transcription in the wrong place can cause a major Disfunction . or even kill ,some viruses can do just that ,through transcription they destroy normal tissue cells I. E Cancer
If we stop the transcription we stop it . Problem is we dont know very much about DNA to begin with and no one is stepping up to the plate
You know to me If im working on something that could affect your health would you not think i would share My Thaughts with you . But No these ERROGANT SO AND SOS . dont think they owe us anything . Is this what Higher Education does ? Geo

PZ, a cootie wouldn't dare touch my cats with an 11-foot Pole. (or Russian) My two old ex-toms, who refuse to acknowledge the "ex" part ... faced down a pack of SIX big raccoons the other night. I was hiding behind the patio door with a broom in case things got serious, but the cats ran and hissed at them from different angles, and the raccoons turned and scooted. They each got a can of people tuna and an award of valor. (The cats, not the raccoons.) (And that's tuna meant to be consumed by people, not a people-and-tuna blend.)

Geo ... I don't think any researchers anywhere think they "owe" sick people anything. They are building their careers, and it's all abstract science to them. They don't see the people who may benefit 20 years hence when they publish their results. Assuming any of the sick people are still alive.

Beth,

That bit about the 11 foot Pole (or Russian) cracked me up! Thanks!

You certainly know how to reward your cats - people tuna and awards for valor!

I still contend that somewhere, out there, is a person with their eyeball to the microscope on the verge of a breakthrough.

Zaphoon

Ok, sorry for this in advance but, tuna and Zaphoon? I cant resist

You can tune a piano but you can't tuna fish!

OK , this thread is really starting to smell fishy ...

Yes Beth your sooooo Right . Building Careers ,such a shame , Publishing Results the young Doc. HMMMMM . that looked at me at Mayo got a Gov. Grant to publish his 000,000 goes around making some speeches in Hawiahi , gets a free vacation at that . You are sooo right . Geo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back