Diagnosis
11/2007
Country
uk
State
uk
City
uk
it just came to me yesterday that we dont have the spf site on the pls forum.
this is a very good source of info on hsp/pls plus there are regular updates and 3 yearly news synapse to download or print.

they provide great advice from living with pls to caregiving,any news updates plus fundraising events accross the usa.

i did have the uk spf site but lost it,will try and get hold of it for us brits.

hoping,maybe you could make it a sticky please.

Last edited by a moderator:
good idea Olly.. Thanks so much..

Olly thanks. I've been all over the internet a few yrs back frantic for any kind of info and forgot about the spf site because I had found this forum! This forum has been so helpful that I forgot to reach out to other sites for new, updated information. Thanks again.

you are both very welcome:smile:
hoping........could you please make it a sticky,i can not find how to do it.

the spf site is the only place you can get the latest medical updates on pls and other info.
i did get to read a bit of the summer synapse,they have identified a pls gene and some more hsp ones.
theres also stories and poems from fellow pls'ers.

if its a sticky then people can readily get access to it and the latest news.
thankyou:smile:

OK Olly, seeing as you asked so nice, I'll stick you.

AL.

ooohhh i say,i've never been stuck up before:lol:
thankyou so much al:smile:
its good to see your post,i hope you are as well as you can be.
thanks again.

Olly,
did not have the ability to STICK that post..But now you have been Stuck by the big guy. LOL

Caroline,

That was very thoughtful of you!

Someday, I'll have to find my way back to the U.K. for tea and crumpets and a visit to Olly's!

PZ

i must add if theres an article you want to save in one of the three yearly synapse then download it/save it to favourites or print it off.
on the spf home page index there is a tab "international" which will give the addresses of the organization in other countrys.

zaphoon...........you are welcome for tea and crumpets anytime:-D

SP and PLS web site

I will add that there are more than 500 PLSers in the US. I have read somewhere in the Neighborhood of 2000 and up . Figures dont mean much though until it reaches epidemic proportions. Then there will be a report at CDC ,like West Nile Virus has to be reported . But heres another catch ,the Doctor has to say yes, you have West Nile . :roll:

Geo,

The doc is probably going to wait 3 or so years before giving a hard diagnosis of PLS.

How long does it usually take for West Nile to be diagnosed? Anybody know?

PZ

West Nile is done using a Western Blot Test usually within a month or two ,But once the Virus has Mutated hard to tell it from other cells ,this is why they wont tell us yes it could be a Virus . BUT even if it showed up, how do you treat it ? If you research enough you'll find out most Neurological diseases have no cure . And its 5 yrs. i was told . Geo

5 years is a long time!

PZ

5 yrs a long time LOL

Your funny Bud , Would you have said that 10 - 15 -20 yrs ago . Now you say that , in the back of your mind, you want to live to 90 something, but you know thats way on the outside of our realm now . But knowing what we know now , we are happy with anything we get LOL . everyday i get is just fine with me . We now have become more thankful for all we get . So im thinking Thansgiving Day should be a special day every year for us . Im finding every year my speech is weaker and i cant form words when im talking to friends . I use to have bad and good days but continually getting worse . Have a Nice Thanksgiving this year to All . Your Friend Geo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back