Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
NY
City
rockville centre
After months of bafflling the many doctors evaluating my mother, we finally recieved the diagnosis of PLS. My family is frightend and nervous about her uncertain future. Mom
(67) was a very active woman. Now, she uses a walker and has great difficulty using her hands. She has Phys. Therapy 3x/week. Any suggestions, encouragement, advice going forward? How about diet? Acupuncture? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum! Sorry you have a reason to be here.

The good news about PLS is that she could have many "many" more good years. With the right attitude she can still have a very fulfilling life. If you have specific questions please feel free to use our search feature our just ask.

We are here for you!

Joel,

Thank you very much for your response. My sisters, Dad and I are just in shock and are reading as much as we can. I am sure we will have questions in the near future, and find it comforting to know there are other people who we can speak with. Thanks again, and we will keep in touch.

Good night,

Victoria

I totally understand your confusion and mixed feelings. I've found relief with physical therapy and accupuncture. The PT really helps my muscles maintain some flexibility. The accupuncture helped relieve my lower back pain. I also found improved mobility with acqua exercises. I wish you well.

I understand how your family must feel it is hard to try and understand about this condition as i dont think half the doctors do. I think if all your family give her the support and understanding and of coarse lots of love it will make her strong to keep mind over matter like i do and try and keep going and not let this damn terriable illness beat us.All i can suggest is try the things you want to do and if you cant manage it how you used to do it you will always find a different way of doing it although it may also take 4 times longer but then you will feel as though you have accomplished a great feat. GODBLESS TAKE CARE JACKIE xxx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back