Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
iowa
City
ankeny
I haven't posted any messages for some time now, but have been reading and trying to keep up with how things are going with the members in this forum. I was at the Mayo Clinic in November, due to the fact that I have consistantly been testing with high CPK's in my blood. They did and EMG and found that I have developed degeneration in my Anterior Horn Cells. Since I now have been dianosed with both Upper and Lower Motor Neuron involement, I guess it's time I move over to the ALS Forum.

Mitch Friedow

hi mitch

sorry to hear about the pls changing to als.
i have mainly umn(did have for several years) but now have some lmn involvement.
please dont feel you must leave the pls group,many of us use all forums.
i will look foward to your posts were ever they are,lets hope your lmn involvement is slow like mine.:grin:

mitch,

Sorry about your move, but feel free to join in anytime, the search option can take you anywhere, and you'll find a great bunch of folks to help support you on here.

I can't speak highly enough of the friendships and support I personally have received over the last 7+ months.

Sending good vibes your way,
Never give up,
Never let up,
Never lose faith,
brenda

I am sorry to hear about the new DX too, Mitch. We willhelp in any way we can. Cordially, Cindy

Mitch,

I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis. Regardless of the name, you're still welcome here. I think there are many people on this forum that have ALS and not PLS. There are similar symptoms which everyone can share.

By the way, was this your first EMG test or your first EMG to result positive for ALS?

Wishing you well

EMG results.

It was my fourth EMG done at Mayo. The neurologist was able to see some of the strongest faciculations that I have ever had as well. All my other symptons are gradually getting worse.

Gradual is the key to hope. Hang in there and live every day to the fullest!

Hi Mitch,

I'm glad to hear that progression is slow.

It's hard when you have EMGs and they're all clear and then that changes.

How long ago was your first symptom? 4 EMGs are sound like alot.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back