Diagnosis
12/2001
Country
US
State
Florida
City
Ruskin
Im currently Taking Choline at a rate of 250 mg x 2 x twice a day . I read somewhere it may help ? So I thaught I would keep all informed of any progress . I thaught i would take it for a couple of Months and see if i get any symptom change . Normal RDA is 550 mg so i figured if i do the 1,000 on top i should see something. Keep the fingers crossed . Geo

Good luck! Hope to hear good news!
BethU

Haven't heard of anyone taking that one Geo but keep us in the loop.

AL.

Geo,

Good Luck! I too just recently read that choline in combination with a high fat diet and high omega 3 showed improvement. You may want to consider adding a couple of tsps of flax seed oil or fish oil to the choline.

I recently purchased the choline for my mom and it's sitting in the cupboard as she is currently going through another decline and we're in wait and see mode.

Please keep us posted!

I will look for the reference I was referring to and posted it later today. I'm in a rush to get my kids up and get to work right now.

one more thing ... I recently spent a long time chatting with a lead ALS researcher/scientinst who recommended omega 3 as well. She said she herself takes it and that it is referred to as a 'fountain of youth'. She looked at me and told me to add it to me diet. I've been on it for 3 days.

The choline, high fat and omega 3 sound like a good idea. My mom is already doing the high omega 3 (12000mg/day). If anything it'll help with joint pain.

this may sound crazy,but......

I have been drinking coffee like a fish since about 2 years after i started getting "sick" so altogether about 5 years,well i have honestly thought at times that maybe it has slowed my progression,because its the only thing i can link to it, sorry i suck with words,have a hard time describing what i actually want to say.....but ive just often wondered if i wasnt drinking the coffee the way i do would my symptoms be worse,because the first 2 years i was haing wayyyy more "attacks" and more severe attacks. just things i sit around and think about.

like hey i wonder if maybe i am on to something.........lol:) anyone else ever do this? thanks,Michelle

caffeine is a neurological protector! It's definitely good for you.

good news on coffee! I am going to go from 2 cups to 3! I can not get out of bed w/o!
bless my hubby, he gets up early and grinds the beans and makes my cup for me before I get out of bed.
I think I'll keep him................

Wow ... fresh ground coffee. He is definitely a keeper!

No Change yet on the Choline

Well only a couple of days down and nothing yet . But I do like my coffee . caffiene ,alcohol, nicoteine and various drug do cross the Blood Brain barrier . Thats why the effect . Geo

one more thing ... I recently spent a long time chatting with a lead ALS researcher/scientinst who recommended omega 3 as well. She said she herself takes it and that it is referred to as a 'fountain of youth'. She looked at me and told me to add it to me diet. I've been on it for 3 days.

The choline, high fat and omega 3 sound like a good idea. My mom is already doing the high omega 3 (12000mg/day). If anything it'll help with joint pain.

Very interesting! I was taking a large dose of Omega 3 every day for several years, up until 3 or 4 months ago (it's also very good for your heart), but then I just couldn't swallow those big pills any more, so I stopped it. I will have to find some in smaller capsules that I can swallow and get going with it again.

I feel that my symptoms are speeding up now, but that could be because it's finally moving into my limbs, and I'm not used to these sensations ... twitching and weakness and "funky" hands. But perhaps the Omega 3 was helping slow it down before? Gotta hit the health food store!

Keep us posted, Geo.
BethU

Beth,

You don't have to swallow pills. The best way to get your omega 3 is through oil. You can buy flax seed oil or fish oil. My mom takes 1.2 tablespoons of orange flavored flax seed oil and 1 tablespoons of fish oil every day.

Good Luck

Thank you, Sral! I didn't know it was available like that. I'll get back on it.
BethU

Beth,

Try finding the orange flavored flax seed oil and lemon flavored fish oil. It makes it more edible. My mom puts it in a glass of juice and drinks it that way. It's hard to take straight.

By the way Beth, sorry to hear about the progression. What do you mean by funky hands?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back