Reason
Loved one DX
Country
US
State
Alabama
City
Daphne
Below are links to two news stories that were run last night regarding the high number of ALS and cancer in our area. I'm trying to find out whatever I can and contact the people doing the research. I know to some of you that aren't near this area, this may not mean much...but if they can locate the cause, perhaps it can help all of you in the future! I hope all is well w/ everyone and I hope stories such as these give you hope as well!

http://www.wkrg.com/news/article/higher_cases_of_als_around_mobile_bay/14691/

http://www.wkrg.com/news/article/cancer_cluster_on_eastern_shore/14694/

Stephanie

That certainly is interesting Stephanie. Thanks.
AL.

Thank you Stephanie..... It is very interesting I certainly believe there are more cases of rare disease all over the world. I never knew of anyone with ALS until I started having symtoms......Now I know of 5 people
with it in my area alone. All fairly young except for 1 who is in his 60's all the rest between 35 and 45.

It will definately be interesting research to follow. I was unaware we had so many cases in our area. I will keep you up-to-date of any news I hear regarding the research! :)

interesting

wow..that was interesting! Let's hope that they really send in the researchers! THanks for sharing. KR

also..my husband tested high for mercury as well...weird

Can the neuro run a test for the mercury? My dad goes back up to Duke in a few weeks, and I'd be interested in seeing if he had it in his system as well. And the research team from Arizona came and took samples of a bunch of things in the area...so I guess it's a wait and see on their results. I'm hoping WKRG will follow the story. I'm still waiting to hear back from the news reporters to try and get the contact information for those doing the research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back