Diagnosis
5/2006
Country
uk
State
z
City
newcastle
hi, id like to know if anybody who has pls/als that have bowel issues,thanx.

I went through a year of bowel incontinence. Very embarrassing. Some docs said it had nothing to do with my un-diagnosed "neuromuscular problems" and others said it was indicative of ALS. Whatever the reason, I have not had an episode in 12 months. Knock wood.:-D

I am glad to see you taking an interest in researching what is happening to you, Zaff. This is much more productive than sitting around feeling fearful and helpless. Cordially, Cindy

I have PLS and have experienced this problem. Mine was triggered by nervousness. When I got real nervous I ended up running back and fourth to the restroom.

I have since trained my body to go at certain time(s) each day. I too spent hours in the restroom with negative results only to get in a car and drive five minutes away before it felt like I was going to exploded.

I find that staying hydrated and eating foods that are good in digestion help. I drink protien drinks that contain digestive enzymes and that really seems to help. I go to the restroom once a day and I feel great after that. Check out your local supplement store and see what they have to offer.

Rob

Latest bout me i have lost so much weight,hvnt been eating well,too scared to.losing hope.:cry:

Would you please see your doctor about the bowels? It probably has nothing to do with your PLS.

zaff4444,

I agree with Whitsend, see your doctor immediately! It may have nothing to do with PLS. As a matter of fact, I read that sphinctor and bladder control are the only bodily functions not affected by ALS/PLS therefore, it may be related to a bad diet, lack of exercise, stress, dehydration or poor restroom habits. If your not eating properly then I can say for sure that diet is your #1 problem.

You need to evaluate your lifestyle and make adjustments. I did it and it worked for me. I use to eat burgers, pizza and hot dogs 24/7. It''s no wonder I had digestive problems. As a kid I could digest these foods but as an adult my body changed and couldn't. Now I eat my veggies and salads plus drink lots of water and guess what?... my problem is solved. I live a healthier, happier lifestyle without the worry of crapping my pants.

You have to help yourself before others can help you. Get your mind straight and get back in the game of life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back