anyone have any experience with low dose naltrexone?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bobbie2

Reason
Other
Country
US
State
CT
City
Old Lyme
Does anybody know how Low dose N will help......I recall when I first went on this site someone suggested that there was a place in FlA Boca Raton maybe, that was a pharmacy where you can get it.......I heard it retards the symptoms of PLS.......I have bulbar onset PlS and I can't talk ....... I would give anything to have my voice back! All the best, Bobbie2

I have heard of PLS'ers having some positive results in dealing with spasticity but it won't do anything for your speech. There are a few PLS'ers that have speech problems due to vocal cord tightness can benefit from botox injections. You sound like someone is choking you while you talk. Most don't have that problem me included. There is really nothing you can do other than speaking slower and using simple words. I tried speech therapy for a few months with no results. I was told at the ALS clinic that speech therapy doesn't work.

There's no objective info about its possible use in PLS, but medically, if anyone here tries it, please read the safety warnings about its use with narcotics like codeine, thyroid conditions, liver conditions and organ transplants.

Bobby2, I have read your previous Threads and posts... you first joined asking about Benadryl and now you're asking about Naltrexone.

It might help us if you would share a little bit about your journey to a diagnosis of PLS... how long, what facility, maybe what Neuro and what various tests confirmed your diagnosis.

Going back to your questions concerning Benadryl and Naltrexone. Your Neuro and any Clinic you may be treated by might be the best source for effect and risk... such as Laurie pointed out a few.

Anybody can try anything but if anything was accredited to be effective... Neurologists and Clinics would be on it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back