Diagnosis
03/2015
Country
US
State
mi
City
Novi
Has anyone taken Nuedexta and had a problem with increased spasticity? I took my first dose Thurs night, and Friday morning I froze up in the middle of my kitchen with my walker. My knees would not bend, and I couldn't walk. Not making a connection, I continued with the nightly dose, and Sat morning I couldn't get out of bed. The on-call neuro at UoM doubled my Baclofen rx, and it 24 hrs before I got any relief out of that increase. After doing some forum searches, the culprit could be Nuedexta.

Thoughts/experiences?

Deb

I started neudexta recently but have not encountered this.

Maybe try taking one a day until you get used to it, which may take 3-4 weeks.
I could only tolerate one per day for about six weeks, then moved up to two. I have been on it for about a year now and seem to be getting resistant to it. It could be that my progression has made it less effective.

Hi, I've been taking Neudexta now since early April and have not noticed my muscles locking up.
I hope you can hang in there if it starts to help with your emotional state. I think it has helped me with the constant crying.

Good luck Dkcarl!

Thanks for the feedback, folks! I quit taking the drug, and the spasticity calmed down. Definitely, this drug is not for me.

Deb

Has anyone taken Nuedexta and had a problem with increased spasticity? I took my first dose Thurs night, and Friday morning I froze up in the middle of my kitchen with my walker. My knees would not bend, and I couldn't walk. Not making a connection, I continued with the nightly dose, and Sat morning I couldn't get out of bed. The on-call neuro at UoM doubled my Baclofen rx, and it 24 hrs before I got any relief out of that increase. After doing some forum searches, the culprit could be Nuedexta.

Thoughts/experiences?

Deb
I started taking Nuedexta six months ago. The effect was dramatic: my severe drooling disappeared in one day and my swallowing greatly improved over the six-month period. Superfluous crying, its intended use, also stopped. But over this period, I've experienced stiffness in my legs making it more difficult to walk and impossible to run. No spasticity, just stiffness. I have no idea whether this was due to the Nuedexta or to PLS running its normal course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back