Diagnosis
12/2012
Country
US
State
Georgia
City
Atlanta
My husband bought a business in Atlanta and we're moving there. Has anyone had any experience with the Atlanta ALS Clinic or know of any organizations that can provide support? This will be a very hard move for me and I know no one there!

Charlotte to Atlanta? Good luck!

I received my second diagnosis from Dr Glass at Emory. At the time he introduced me to the nurse from the ALS association. After the introduction, over the next two months prior to moving to Pennsylvania, I never heard from her again.

Dr Glass seemed knowledgeable and good but, my experience with the association was not good at the time. Maybe they saw me as a short timer and just did not bother with me. The nurse in Hershey, PA from the ALS association has been wonderful.

Jim, do you go to clinic with Dr. Glass? If not, why not?

I saw Dr. Glass once, about nine years ago. He didn't impress me. Dr. English has a much better bed side manner. And let's be frank...since there is nothing any doctor can do for MND, any Neurologist with their wits about them is as good as any other. Dr. English is a good Neurologist and a genuinely nice person.

Jim, I'm so hearing you. I too switched neuros. The first bloke was good, but a bit scary.
We love the second one...he does wear a blue leather suit but hey, I dye bits of my hair green...it's all good.
God bless, Janelle x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back