Diagnosis
10/2008
Country
US
State
FL
City
Fort Pierce
We took the step out of our shower and we now have a roll in shower. Here is the problem I use a mobility scooter. If I back it up I don't have enough room to swing my legs around because the opening is not wide enough. A rolling shower chair will fit but I would probably need my husband to push me in or out. Does anyone use a rolling shower chair they can roll themselves. I would need to roll over a little bit of a incline where we modified to make it roll in and down a little bit. Wish I could post a picture. I am trying to remain independent but the showering is an issue. I welcome any ideas.
Thanks,
Calypso

I've seen water proof wheelchairs. Just search for rolling shower chairs. We adapted my rollater by taking the seat off and putting a toilet seat on it. Tie straps don't work. Wired it on. While I could still walk I would walk in. Now my hubby pushes me. And bathes me.

I have a sliding shower seat. My husband puts me on outside the shower and slides me over into the shower. Don't know if something like that would help you or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back