Diagnosis
12/2018
Country
US
State
NC
City
Get Real
I went to friends funeral for a family member of his. I stumbled and knocked over a picture on a table... I stood the picture back up, backing up away from the table I side stumbled and nearly knocked over a display. All this with cane in hand.

This guy near me said, "You're like a bull in a china shop."

I was taken back along with being embarrassed... all I could say was, "Yea, I'm not doing so well."

So... I guess we're bulls and we need to avoid china shops. :)

I went to friends funeral for a family member of his. I stumbled and knocked over a picture on a table... I stood the picture back up, backing up away from the table I side stumbled and nearly knocked over a display. All this with cane in hand.

This guy near me said, "You're like a bull in a china shop."

I was taken back along with being embarrassed... all I could say was, "Yea, I'm not doing so well."

So... I guess we're bulls and we need to avoid china shops. :)

Welcome to my world AL....................

There are unkind people everywhere! TG for the ones who are more compassionate - which I think are the majority! No need to be embarrassed- all of us stumble in life, even without pls or ALS!

>So... I guess we're bulls and we need to avoid china shops.

can you guess what damage I can do with my m300 and 2 irish?

Attachments

• 20140702_105440.jpg
    20140702_105440.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 206
Don't know if you good folks in the northern hemisphere have heard of Kamahl? He is a Malay born Australian entertainer. One of his most famous quotes is
"Why are people so unkind?"
I guess you have to say it in your head with Kamahl's accent to get it...Tillie, Gem....you know what I mean.
Anyway...Al...Why ARE people so unkind! Cane, no cane, disease, no disease...accidents happen!
Obviously not to perfect people!
If it makes you feel better today I was in Coles on "Henry" my beloved scooter when I knocked a crumpet display. I'm having trouble making him turn since my fall as my shoulder is still bad.
Anyway...hit shelf...flying crumpets...people came to my aid very quickly!
I am yet to discover opinions like you recently experienced. Can't say I'm looking forward to it.
...wonder if Coles had a sale on crumpets this afternoon...

God Bless, Janelle x

Hey AL, at least you didn't knock over the casket! Lol

I use a walker and opening doors can be difficult. I don't worry as I am always
helped. All ages, races, colors and creeds have RUN to help me. Not just opening
doors but opening car trunk, carrying pizza, lifting luggage etc etc etc/ No end to the
help I get from total strangers. The "Bull in the China Shop" remark actually made me laugh. I have a vivid imagination and could really picture it as events unwound.
If you are youngish or look young then people don't assume the worst. I am asked
regularly if I've had an accident, did I hurt my back, have an operation? I am sure
that that man would not have been so cavalier if he knew the seriousness of your situation . He probably opens his mouth and inserts his foot all the time.

This time last year I was leaving the stage after a dress rehearsal. I sang with a 55
member chorale. I was on a cane and of course, fell hard. Knocked my shoes off. I
had plenty of friends around to help right me. My one girl friend kept talking about
how she should have anticipated the fall blah blah blah. More like she was jabbering
to herself all by herself. Really made me laugh. Something you shouldn't do with a
weak bladder. You know the rest of the story. One hour to curtain and my fellow men
singers were cleaning up my mess without missing a beat. One had a mop and pail
and starting singing a "swabbing the deck" type song. My husband brought me a
change of clothes and I was ready to go. I have taken care of the bladder problem
with a sling. Best thing I ever did. It has improved my life 99%.

I guess what I am trying to say here is people are good hearted. I didn't know that
before.

"Like bull in a china shop" is a common phrase... I'm not sure how it was really given from him. Maybe he thought about it after and felt bad about it. But... it did cause all heads to turn. I'm just glad the glass in the picture didn't break and the display didn't go all the way over. :)

all i can say oops :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back