Reason
Learn about ALS
Country
US
State
CT
City
Glastonbury
We need to buy a pool lift to get me in and out of our pool. Do you think plastic seat or hoyer sling style is best? Anybody else do pool therapy?

I have only done this once at a hotel pool and they had a plastic chair. I was able to pull up and do a lateral transfer by raising the PWC arm and the chair arm. Someone operated the controls but I could have done it on my own. I would have needed help to use a sling.

Thanks! I think I am going to get the plastic seat.

It became an ADA requirement in 2014 that public pools have pool lifts. A lot of public pools like hotels opted for portable pool lifts. Apparently those do not meet ADA guidelines. Some pool owners are switching to permanent mounted lifts. You may find a slightly used portable pool lift. Check with your vendor. I have all this info second hand so it may not be right.

BTW, I use a ski vest in the pool. I generally need help getting it on. I have dual handrails in my pool. With help from my wife with a few stairs I can get in/out without a lift...for now.

I love the ski vest idea! I thought about double handrails but figured I might as well prepare for the worst now.

Nancy did you get the pool lift? Would love to see a pic of it when you do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back